Mitt Romney: Moore is unfit for office and should step aside

Well gosh and golly Mitt. I wonder how you feel about Joseph Smith, who engaged in exactly this kind of thing. Multiple times.

2 Likes

Since he’s not a Fundamentalist Mormon, I’m sure he rejects those early teachings, as they are no longer part of the LDS church.

As much of a elitist as Mittens might be, there is no evidence to suggest that he himself is a polygamous or that he condones child rape.

How about stop trying to change the subject from Moore and how he might have committed an act of child molestation.

9 Likes

You’re not wrong. Just remember that the guys you like do the same thing, because it’s literally impossible to get elected to high office without compromising yourself to some degree.

And isn’t that kind of the point of democracy, that politicians should subordinate their personal feelings to the will of the people?

I guess what I’m saying is, don’t hate them for playing the game. Hate them for the people they choose to align themselves with and for the things they choose to do on their behalf.

As more and more sex scandals come to light and accusees are widely considered guilty from the get go, I’m half expecting the next forgein influence campaign to smear candidates the forgein party doesn’t like into quitting elections. Four reasons:

1. It doesn’t require proof, just testimony. Faking testimony isn’t hard
  2. Bots can easily hide among commenters, because responces are predictable
  3. Anything that gets to the top of search results will suffice
  4. Clearing ones name is impossible:
    a)Denials from the accused will be ignored
    b) Denials from the person the testimony is attributed to won’t have the same reach

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.