Mmm... Japhroaig's ruminations on Love, Happiness, and Musk

5 Likes

This, a million times over. And brush yer teefs!

Any guy who wants to wear cologne should put some on, then ask for honest reviews of the scent from trustworthy friends. You may think you smell good, but not everyone wants to experience the eye-watering stench of your Old Spice.

10 Likes

You shut yer gypsy mouth!

Honestly though, bathing with bath salts and dry shampoo works great with my bodies oil and scent production. I really don’t smell like anything. Very, very mild soap and salt work like a champ for me.

I also don’t work in a coal mine, I don’t run marathons, and I rarely operate the abattoir.

Real selfie of me.

6 Likes

To apply any cologne properly, ignore the ads. Do NOT do this:

That is WAYYYYYYY TOO MUCH!

Instead, spray the air and then walk through it.

For Old Spice, don’t dump it into your hand and smack smack your face! Pour a tiny bit onto the counter or into the sink next to the drain. Then dab your pinky in it and then dab your neck with this
######tiny amount

This:

Not this:

6 Likes

I was just talkin’ bout this.

4 Likes

Not this?

8 Likes

Occasionally, when I feel saucy, I glam it up with cologne for the evening.

10 Likes

DEFINITELY DO THIS.

4 Likes

Funny thing is…

#I have

At 17 years old, when thirsty, you don’t necessarily understand what ‘grey water’ is and why it is used in irrigation.

shiver

8 Likes

Dafuq… I usually just touch a little piece of amber to myself.

I have one cologne I use rarely. I think it smells like whatever, but MrsTobinL likes it and that is the important bit. When we were out shopping for it she kept asking me what I wanted, and I was all no, you are the one who has to like how it smells not me. (well I guess it shouldn’t smell like rotten meat or such to me)

4 Likes

You serious brozif?

Ambergris!!

8 Likes

I think I just threw up a little in your mouth.

5 Likes

Put that back in the freezer before it assimilates you!

6 Likes

Don’t tell him, let’s watch instead!

2 Likes

Truth. There is no secret to attraction that will make anyone universally irresistible (My ability to attract lesbians has probably been pretty constant throughout my life, for instance). Actually, in a lot of ways, confidence begets more rejection. If you’re not afraid to be who you are, and you’re fine with people not being attracted to that, you simultaneously become a more attractive person to the people who are attracted to that. You’ll probably put yourself out there more, and you’ll probably get rejected a fair bit. Thing is, you won’t care. This is also deeply related to the phenomenon where people end up dating a string of people who have/cause the same set of problems: Sometimes, even when it’s consistently the other person who has objectively caused the problems in the relationship, there is something about you that makes you more attractive to that kind of person, and statistically speaking, they’re filling up your potential dating pool.

It took me an obscenely long time to learn this and I learned it the hard way. I could have saved myself a lot of cringe-inducing moments. Some of it is coming back now… oh god.

I can’t explain it but, yeah pretty much,

6 Likes

True Dat. And lonely coders out there, you know the mantra–fail quick and fail often. This applies to love, dating, and well everything else. Being rejected is a feature, not a bug.

The worst thing you can do is get emotionally invested in a badly written unit test :smiley:

9 Likes

Awww, can I give you a hug? I think you might need a hug.

2 Likes

I’m fine. But as I am sure we all know never take a precious thing for granted.

Also, airplane pretzels are not real food (where are the tums!?!?)

3 Likes

What about a hug just because? I like hugs, and today I’m dealing with a whiny baby and Andre Rieu seems to be the only thing that makes her happy.

2 Likes