Moby Dick's Restaurant lease blocked due in part to its "offensive name"

I was hoping someone would mention Moby Dick’s in the Castro! And you’re right - it’s one of the least suggestive names (Rock Hard, anyone?) in the Castro. It’s also one of the few bars not to have a denigrating nickname, i.e. Badlands = Sadlands, Twin Peaks Tavern = The Glass Coffin (due to the windows and the white haired clientele), etc.

6 Likes

Well so much for my lifelong dream of opening a restaurant in Vancouver called “The Itchy Nipple”.

2 Likes

that’s what i was thinking – just change it to Moby Richard’s, and problem solved!

1 Like

Fine. If offensive slang is the problem then just call it “Moby Penis.”

9 Likes

And god forbid we make men uncomfortable.

6 Likes

I literally can’t think of ANYTHING more comfortable than a vagina.

7 Likes

Exactly. God Forbids! That’s what loose, fully body clothing, hats, head scarves and wigs are for. Also, why women need to sit in the back of buses, so they cannot incite lust in the hearts of pious men. And why they should walk behind men, not in front. Also, no make up.

Now, to get Instagram to enforce all of these important standards to spare men from the evil temptresses that are women.

/s

3 Likes

As long as some men aren’t reminded what’s attached to them… :wink:

7 Likes

We can’t have Moby Dick but at least the world gets a

http://www.pinktaco.com/

*I’ve eaten there. No really. Stop giggling.

10 Likes

I know I’m late to the party, but:

(What, no onebox?)

Years and years ago, some friends and I went to the Chicago location during a weekend visit. The waitress told us cheerfully, “if you can’t read the menu on the wall, you can get off your ass and go look at it.” Decent food, fun place. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well, if you’re Republican…

How doomed are we? Very doomed.

9 Likes

I don’t see fish tacos on their menu.

5 Likes

The way to a woman’s vagina is through her stomach. Or something like that.

4 Likes

waynekerr.com

6 Likes

That’s because you have to ask nicely if you want some.

2 Likes

And, as expected, this topic went straight south. :smiley:

4 Likes

4 Likes

I wonder if the town would try to keep the venerable law office of Morison and Foster out?

5 Likes

Morrison & Foerster:

2 Likes

I feel like a full body latte right about now

1 Like