Model forwards unsolicited dick pix, chat transcripts to girlfriends of her harassers

Ugh, that’s so horrifying. I’d guess the dick pic was probably just the creep upping the harassment. This is where ‘report user for harassment’ is a critical feature, these devs should not be making a platform for that kind of thing.

1 Like

Training an AI image classifier with vast numbers of dick pics apparently wouldn’t be too hard, though I wouldn’t want to be the person with that job. “We’re at 80% accuracy, but we need more dick pics. Can someone log onto OkCupid as lonelyGeisha real fast?”

10 Likes

maybe they’re all canadian, and misinterpreted a PSA…

5 Likes

While that’s creepy beyond hell, I now have a new phrase. “I know what you mean by X. Very unusual.” in response to anything obvious or well understood.

10 Likes

Personally, I thought the “I love white skin” was the real creepy part. Also I’m never sure if no one knows what a “bluestocking” is, or if the idea of any color stockings short-circuts the brain.

5 Likes

I was trying to think of a default reply to make that person leave immediately. So far I’ve got, “That’s my granddaughter. Gramma and I are so proud.”

8 Likes

This one works too…

7 Likes

I have honesty no idea what other it can be than a stocking in the colour blue. Should I Google, or not?

It’s not dirty. It’s an archaic term for a woman who read too much and was considered too “intellectual” to interest a man. So kind of a Regency-era version of “feminazi”.

21 Likes

Oh, definitely something I’m googling now :wink:

9 Likes

Also, one would think, by this late stage in the game, devs would know what happens if you add that functionality. Why does a scrabble knock-off require the ability to email one’s penis?

7 Likes

Dick pics are certainly upsetting, but so is the fact that one can apparently score 36 points in a game of linguistic oneupmanship for the word (in the loosest sense of the term) ‘chog’.

8 Likes

Aah, in Dutch they where called ‘blauwkous’ which translate to ‘blue sock’. In France it’s ‘Bas-bleuisme’ ‘lower blue’. (And probably/hopefully also socks)
Let’s say… Both still not very friendly.
But how can I say it without estranging lots of very good and nice modern man over here? Are there still not to many of this expressions around?

1 Like

“I have $TRAIT.” “I love $TRAIT.”
Looks to me like a perhaps somewhat clumsy but common pattern.

2 Likes

Why does it matter that she is “a model”? Why not just a woman?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this has been on BoingBoing before:

4 Likes

That’s partly why I find it so amusing. The word wasn’t derogatory until it was mainly applied to women. Men were bluestockings, and it just meant “casually-dressed dude chatting about books.” The same word applied to women was “unfeminine frumpy harpy.”

And for the most part, I think the men of BB would generally agree that there’s far too many of these double-standard expressions still around.

Edit: I mean, to bring it back to the topic: a guy who puts his genitals online may expect some mockery, but many of the comments on this article elsewhere are “wow she’s too harsh on these poor guys” while simultaneously saying “what does she expect when she’s got sexy pictures on the internet??”

12 Likes

Lol… Oh sorry… But the [quote=“manybellsdown, post:57, topic:72994”]
wow she’s too harsh on these poor guys"
[/quote]
Made me really laugh, because it’s probably true, but so strange to my opinions.

And this is indeed, besides other things, why I love hanging around over here

2 Likes

To not get harassed (I know you posed the sengence rhetorically, but I just can’t stand the mindset you describe)

5 Likes

In the grand scheme, it doesn’t. In practice, it provides the reader with plausible reason to suspect that she has even more experience with dealing with online creeps than women in general do. It’s pretty common to mention somebody by occupation when their occupation has a link, or commonly presumed link, to the advice they are providing or the methods they are describing.

1 Like