Mom to 'Patriot Front' son: "Get out of my house!"

Presumably a condition of his release would be not to associate with anyone in the Patriot Front

11 Likes

But if she had let him stay, then she may have been at risk of being her sons next target. There are enough examples of mass shootings starting by the murder of the shooter’s mother/sister/wife/girlfriend/daughter to prove my point.

38 Likes

And do we believe he’s going to follow the conditions of his release? Without mom to try getting him to toe the line, he’s likely to do whatever the heck he wants, just to show he can. The parole system is so overloaded that as long as he makes his check-in on time it won’t be an issue. Should he be caught in violation then that can be cause for re-arrest and imprisonment, but most violations are caught incidentally.

1 Like

That was the situation before she kicked him out. At some point it’s time to recognize that a loved one is beyond your power to help.

31 Likes

Jared’s Big Plan: I shall return… but move about and reside in the ship’s utilities crawlways and service tubes. Ducting shall be my highway. She will never know.

4 Likes

How dare mom stand up for herself? Doesn’t she know it’s her only job – for life – to magically keep her son from committing violent crime?

She is not allowed to protect herself, or have a life, oh no.

27 Likes

Ok… as someone who has been accused of living in my mom’s basement by a conservative asshole, this gives me great pleasure to complete that terrible incident.

5 Likes

So then he’s arrested and held until trial.

Sounds like a win.

16 Likes

Lest they drag you down with them, like an albatross.

28 Likes

Some people need to hit bottom before they can change. But some people have no bottom. At least in my family.

27 Likes

Sure. Better to let a fascist live in your house, who might very well kill you. /s

24 Likes

I don’t believe in sunk costs, not even when DNA is involved.

26 Likes

And it is still love :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1:

6 Likes

Hey, I said I thought she did the right thing!

But you did inverse shit sandwich it

20 Likes

You also said that her actions will cause him to do MORE harm in the world, as if her actions are the problem here… such as:

Now he can feel even more aggrieved, and more righteous than ever when he becomes violent.

Without mom to try getting him to toe the line, he’s likely to do whatever the heck he wants, just to show he can.

:woman_shrugging:

At some point, parents are no longer responsible for the actions of their children, and they might even have to cut them off for this sort of behavior. He’s a grown ass adult and if he continues to align with a far right terrorist group, that’s entirely on him, not on his mother, who doesn’t seem to have raised him to be a bigot.

25 Likes

He’s a mere child of 27!

20 Likes

If his mother isn’t to blame, it’s probably the fault of his girlfriend or lack of girlfriend… if only some woman would sleep with him, he would stop being a violent racist… /s

21 Likes

10 Likes

This whole situation sounds like an inverse shit sandwich.

4 Likes