Mom visiting son in juvenile detention busted for robbing candy machine there

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/09/mom-visiting-son-in-juvenile-detention-busted-for-robbing-candy-machine-there.html

4 Likes

I believe Ms. Williams side of the story, given how shitty inmate visitors are treated by the corrections system.

8 Likes

Criminal mischief of less than $1,000 and theft of less than $1,000 for robbing a vending machine at a juvenile detention centre? Juvie must not work like regular prison where the levels at which they gouge you for everything are beyond outrageous. :smiley:

2 Likes

“Ma’am, those candy bars are $78.50 each.”

9 Likes

I’m surprised snack vending machines work at all given how often they get rocked, kicked, or smacked when a purchased treat gets hung up in those coils.

1 Like

Apple, tree, etc.

I believe they are made by the people who used to make pinball machines.

2 Likes

I’ve had to maintain one of those screw-type vending machines, and they can be… finicky to get the items in there properly and have the thing dispense reliably.

Admittedly, it was a “insert change, turn knob” type (i.e. non-motorized), but it was still a chore.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.