Moms for Liberty defends use of Hitler quote

MFL: No, no. We’re saying that YOUR side is the Nazi side!

Progressives: Then why are all the literal Nazis standing over there with you?

MFL: Hey, we can’t help it if people are turned on by our anti-LGBTQ, anti-diversity, pro-book-burning agenda.

27 Likes

Also, a la Tim Pool: Well if you aren’t willing to sit down and discuss issues with Nazis then you’re the real Nazi!

15 Likes

10 Likes

That’s the danger of printing isolated quotes-- those who do cannot claim any measure of control over how those quotes might be interpreted. I choose to believe that they are, in fact, Nazis.

12 Likes

“In our defense, we only quoted Hitler because we too are fascists.”

It’s funny because it’s such obvious projection. They’re describing what they’re trying to do, then when getting caught with their asses out, pretending it’s what they’re trying to defend against… by doing it.

“Please ignore the other times we admiringly quoted Hitler.”

Given that they have not just a censorious but specifically a far-right agenda, have previously quoted antisemitic texts and Hitler… it’s an interpretation definitely guided by the evidence.

20 Likes

Makes you wonder, how much of a mom are you if your kids have decided to never speak to you again?

9 Likes

Requisite Dr. Maya Angelou quote:

23 Likes

It sure does rhyme pretty often.

14 Likes

… I don’t think attendance at “Drag Queen Story Time” is mandatory anywhere in the world :confused:

9 Likes

And they could have used a long list of people who said basically the same thing.

“Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man.”
― Aristotle, The Philosophy of Aristotle

15 Likes
12 Likes

To be accurate, I’m not the least bit surprised at this.

Support your kids even if they make choices you disagree with (allowing for age, etc. of course); let the kids be themselves even if they become something other than what you thought they would. Every time a “child” is allowed the freedom to become something of their own, allowed to express their own self-determination, these chucklefucks are convinced that “someone” must be controlling them.

Hey, you just described my own mother. I cut her out of my life about three years ago now – haven’t spoken to her since 2020.

• Short version: she still saw me as 10 years old, with the wrong gender, and someone that she could still manipulate instead of the almost 50 year old person I was the last time we spoke.
  • Much shorter version: abusive.

(Edit: corrected wording of short version. Apparently I’m still a little pissed about that. Who knew, right?)

21 Likes

It’s even worse than that; they want to “control” everyone’s children, not just their own.

That way, the boys will always know their place is “superior” to the girls, the Whites’ place is “superior” to everyone else (BIPOC) who only exist to serve and facilitate the Whites, and anyone who is LGBTQA+ won’t even exist at all.

:rage:

18 Likes

Exactly. The few members who are mothers of school age children get trotted out to speak their hate at school board meetings. Every single one I’ve read about or listened to homeschools her kids.

It was never about control of their own children. They have that. It was never about advocating for parents rights. It has always been controlling other people’s children and denying the rights of other parents to let their kids read these books.

17 Likes

The only Hitler quote worth repeating:
“That’s it, I’m about to kill Hitler!”

5 Likes

Interesting that they talk about “biblical citizenship” but chose to quote Hitler when they could have quoted the bible to the same end.

Proverbs 22:6

13 Likes
13 Likes

Obviously the “liberty” part is bullshit so why should anyone expect the “moms” part to be any different? Or the “for”, even?

18 Likes

They would have to read beyond Facebook and Hitler quotes to get that.

Again, they’d have to read the Bible for that to register.

15 Likes

This is becoming a thing:

7 Likes