Montana man pleads guilty in plot to create giant clone hybrid sheep for captive hunting

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/12/montana-man-pleads-guilty-in-plot-to-create-giant-clone-hybrid-sheep-for-captive-hunting.html

9 Likes

Sheep Silence GIF by STUDIOCANAL France

44 Likes

I saw this and thought, “Oh, that’s a silly tag. It’s not like there could be more than one or two ‘Sheep stories’ on BB”. Oh, how wrong I was… :grimacing:

20 Likes

This feels like a rejected b-plot from a William Gibson novel… Welcome to our crapsack-cyberpunk present, I guess.

25 Likes

This… was not on my Bingo card

19 Likes

“pure genetic male Marco Polo argali”

Am I to interpret that as a male, genetically pure Marco Polo argali; or is the biggest part of this story someone getting YY to not be incompatible with life? Or does the DOJ (understandably) not get to do too many science writing exercises given the nature of their work?

3 Likes

Filming to start soon on The Sheepacolypse: Woe to Baaabylon.

16 Likes

Does this guy think he’s John Hammond from Jurassic Park?

8 Likes
11 Likes

obleeegatory :

27 Likes

But it’s a clear precursor to a Cordwainer Smith novel.

The planet “Old North Australia”, or simply “Norstrilia”, is the only planet in the Instrumentality of Mankind fictional universe which produces the precious immortality drug “stroon”, which indefinitely delays aging in humans. Stroon (or the “Santaclara drug”) is harvested from the huge diseased sheep the Norstrilians raise, and has resisted all attempts at artificial synthesis.

8 Likes

“Cops Nab Ewe-genecist.”

11 Likes

Cheers from Sardinia.

3 Likes

Nah, it’s the plot to a Jeff Minter twin-stick shooter.

5 Likes

Wait. People hunt SHEEP?!!

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!

And people PAY to hunt CAPTIVE SHEEP!

(Irony)

3 Likes

When I was a bairn, my Dad and I visited some of his friends in the Shetland Isles (I still remember seeing puffins perched on the back of the ferry in front of us).

While we were there, a farmer was killed by a group of sheep who rammed him continuously against the front of his Land Rover.

Do not fuck with Highland / Shetland sheep.

11 Likes

Or worse, echoing real life Nazi mad science

4 Likes

This all sounds very ba-a-a-a-a-d

7 Likes

You’ve clearly never met a Herdwick.

2 Likes

awwwww… And here I thought it was for hunting OF captives.

Sort of Dr Moreau meets Most Dangerous Game

2 Likes