Moscow Marge stars as "Vladimir Putin's Special Envoy to the United States Congress"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/18/moscow-marge-stars-as-vladimir-putins-special-envoy-to-the-united-states-congress.html

8 Likes

And she’s at it again - brace yourselves…

Space lasers 2.0 - this time against migrants:

“I’ve previously voted to fund space lasers for Israel’s defense. America needs to take our national security seriously and deserves the same type of defense for our border that Israel has and proudly uses,” she added.

The amendment reads, “By the funds made available by this Act, such sums as necessary shall be used for the development of space laster technology on the southwest border.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/marjorie-taylor-greene-wants-space-lasers-to-combat-migrants/ar-AA1nf73p

6 Likes

He added that because she added an amendment requiring members to “conscript in the Ukrainian military” if they vote for the Ukraine supplemental bill.

She has also been asking for Jewish Space lasers to be deployed to defend the border! pew-pew-pew

@MikeR
Untitled-1

4 Likes

If she isn’t in Putin’s pocket, she is the most useful of idiots that ever was.

6 Likes

Rep. Moskowitz isn’t done for the day yet:

Rep. Jared Moskowitz (D-FL) filed an amendment to name Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s (R-GA) office the “Neville Chamberlain Room.”

5 Likes

Someone needs to write, adapt and update this:

You cannot hope
to bribe or twist,
thank God! the
British journalist.

But, seeing what
the man will do
unbribed, there’s
no occasion to.

4 Likes

4 Likes

That’s not fair.

Empty is more of a Lord Haw-Haw or Viscount Rothermere type, not an appeaser but an enthusiastic supporter.

7 Likes

Would she support Spanish speaking classrooms in the parts of the US formerly owned by Mexico or Spain?
ETA: Or Muscogee and Cherokee?

6 Likes

The CCP’s internet propaganda is posted on X (Twitter). Likewise, Russia’s denazification meme did not need a Russian or a Chinese channel to reach Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene. Nor did she need a Russian or Chinese platform to spread the disinformation trope further. She and her American followers used X (Twitter).

Marjory Taylor Greene is not the only member of Congress to have presented the Russian “denazification” trope in public debate. In the case of Matt Gaetz, we know that the transmission belt was Chinese, because he cited a Chinese state propaganda source in congressional debate.

1 Like

2 Likes

Not that I trust Johnson, but I find it interesting that less than a week after he met with Trump at Mar-a-Lago, he’s suddenly so strongly pro-Ukraine. I was thinking maybe it was because of something the Polish President had told Trump, but what if it’s something else? Something simpler. I wonder if Trump’s decline was so obvious to Johnson that he thought, “holy shit, this guy may not make it to November.” Or if Trump just babbled incoherently or something. Something that made Johnson realize he needed to abandon ship ASAP. It’s just a thought I had. It just seems odd to me that he went from loyal MAGA puppet to Ukraine super supporter in less than a week. On the other hand, Trump has been oddly silent about the Ukraine aid vote. I am curious and suspicious.

5 Likes

There’s an anti-Russian faction in the Evangelical community. Perhaps they are helping to sway Johnson.

If you see evangelical House Republicans softening their opposition to military aid for Ukraine, don’t assume it’s divine intervention.

While most mainstream news hasn’t picked up on it, religious media outlets have started to notice how Russian President Vladimir Putin is waging a war on that most sacred of right-wing cows: Religious freedom.

Edited to add:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.