'Motors'

Your post led me to these.

12 Likes

The great grandfathers of the mechas!

7 Likes

I’ve just noticed the spherical knobs on the controls inside the “leggy-globe-mobile” The designer’s thematic masterstroke! Whimsical bastard.

5 Likes

I WANT ONE!!!

ETA

ETA2

NSFW

ETA3

6 Likes

Re commons wiki pic: In all seriousness, whoever designed the coachwork must have a had fucking great and joyful time doing it. Keep things as round as possible? Challenge accepted!

1968-ish
The tv my brother and I had in our bedroom was spherical. A JVC set as seen here. Something about that time?

5 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

That was over two years ago. I wonder if they’re still interested.

2 Likes

They started the operations last week. The problem is the Brazilian authilorities didn’t gave them the green light to fly. There are several players trying to get a foothold here.

I don’t know If these flying contraptions could fight cheap helicópters like the Robinson.

I was trying to find more recente news in English, but It was in vain. It appears that the companies are sure they already have the consent of local authorities and plan to fly at the beginning of 2025. The Spanish company Aciturri was chosen to assemble the aircraft in Brazil

4 Likes

Lilium have started to build the first of seven prototypes that will be used for type certification. The first flight is expected late next year.

The fuselages will be built by Aciturri in Spain and final assembly will be done by Lilium in Germany. I ran the UOL story through Google Translate and couldn’t find any mention of manufacturing in Brazil.

2 Likes

Some other outlets said that the aircraft will bê assembled here. Wishful thinking, I guess.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Based on a video from a few days ago, an R/C scaled-down demonstrator has been successfully flown. It looked to be ~1/2 size. Based on that, the a/c seems to be in the proof-of-concept stage.

1 Like

:thinking:

These cars aren’t likely to be your next DIY project, though, says Lutz: to be road legal, they will need to be assembled by a licensed car plant before being delivered to customers.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/09/travel/luvly-flat-pack-microcars-climate-hnk-spc-intl/index.html

6 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

Was visiting the Le Mans museum today and came across this

Yup, a 1913 chasis used in the race in the 20s with a pork leather exterior. Zoom in on the pic.

8 Likes

I assume pig leather would be a better translation? You know the way English is with the French word for the meat and the English for the animal as the Norman French ate the porc, bouef , and mouton, and the English tended the pigs, cows, and sheep!

Anyway, looks amazing! Six litre engine with a max speed of 65…

3 Likes