'Motors'

Six litre four pot, at that :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Classic road hog.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Just watch “Drive my Car” instead for all your Saab loving thrills. It’s a major character in the film.

3 Likes
7 Likes

9 Likes

Plymouth Valiant! My friend’s parents had one, which we put a lot of miles on just cruisin’.

Slant Six, pushbutton automatic. Unkillable.

8 Likes
1 Like

That gas cap! Body design over fill-up ergonomics.

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Trains with freakin lasers.

6 Likes

C-32 on approach to Andrews:

Here’s what I haven’t been able to figure out. This is about 12 miles (as the C-32 flies) from the runways at ADW. But the way the planes approach there, they’re at a much lower altitude than they’d be if they were the same distance from a “regular” airport. (Or to put it another way, if I were at National Harbor, watching planes approach DCA, they might be the same altitude as this one.)

What’s weirder, & I didn’t get a photo, is that a little later today I saw a Southwest 737 close to where I took this - maybe a little higher, and headed in a different direction. But for any airliner to be that low, I’d normally have to be closer to BWI (like 3-5 miles north of where I did see it) or DCA. Maybe it was a missed approach to the latter.

2 Likes

Well, it isn’t a regular plane :slight_smile:

I looked at the path on ADSB Exchange. Looks like they turned off the ADSB transponder before final approach so hard to say what they were up to.

2 Likes

Shenanigans?

3 Likes

Tomfoolery?

3 Likes

Frolicsomeness?

3 Likes

You go too far sir!

5 Likes

Ah! I should’ve clarified, this is usually the case with any airplane heading to ADW, not just this one in the photo – C-37s, C-40s, KC-135s, (less often) C-130s. (But, yeah, none of those are regular planes – last time I lived that close to an AFB, I was on the other side of town & wouldn’t have noticed the approach.) I’ve long wondered about it. They’re always this low, e.g. near Greenbelt. (FWIW I saw a Yemenia 747SP fly in around the time of Regan’s funeral.)

Thanks for that link, though – is that different (or just differently presented) info from Flightaware or Flightradar24?

3 Likes

Same data as flightaware but this one keeps a 24 hour log of the tracks and cross-references to the tail number, registration and callsign. Pretty spiffy

4 Likes