'Motors'

1 Like

dc3uafyl

Timo says, “Big deal. Hold my cigarette – while I smoke this, my 20th cigarette, while barreling down country roads at 130 mph while spectators stand less than a foot away.”

(Note that Group B racing was wide-open and incredibly dangerous for spectators.)

(excerpt) Spotmodel

[Finnish racer] Timo Salonen was the “ultimate anti-hero”: with his big glasses he looked more like an accountant than like someone capable of taking a group B car to the limit. He was also a chain smoker, slightly overweight and many say he probably couldn’t even spell the word “fitness”… But he rarely cared what his critics thought. In fact, he even smoked during a particularly long stage in Argentina, and if it weren’t for the large number of curves, it is likely that he would have done so in Corsica as well.

In the 1985 Rally of Portugal , Timo Salonen achieved his first victory with the Peugeot 205 T16 after an irregular trajectory with uncompetitive cars, a true turning point. It was rally won with his own style, based on strategy and control over the rivals, without any excesses, and launching an attack in the final moments to secure the victory. And it was not the only one, since Portugal was followed by another four victories, proclaiming himself World Champion in 1985

4 Likes

You can see the hole Sheene drilled through his helmet to smoke on the grid.

4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

I like the solar power, but need the higher speed offered by Birò:

:thinking: Maybe a standalone solar charger would solve that issue.

5 Likes

I think the solar panel on the vehicle might make sense in places where people get around mostly by golf cart now. Like resorts and retirement Villages. In places with a lot of sun.

5 Likes
3 Likes

9139d619-a8be-446e-9116-e50c52e9b260_text

4 Likes

I swear I took my old workout shoes out if the trunk….

1 Like

This electric car prototype was used for the development of Posti’s delivery vans in the 1990s.

The Finvan Il prototype was built by Imatran Voima Oy, Neste Oy and Leo Laine Ky. It had a top speed of 58 km/h and could travel 60 km with one charging.

5 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

Speaking of 100 mph…

5 Likes

Great speed with tiny tires. The Honda lawnmower above reminded me of these two classics:

The Tyrrell P34 (1975)…

… and the Shadow DN4 (1974).

2 Likes

Reminded me of this:

head song GIF

5 Likes

[…]

Footage of the incident does not suggest angry cyclists were enacting revenge.

[…]

3 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

Honda Shows First Image of CR-V Fuel Cell, Arriving This Year

The hydrogen-powered version of the compact SUV will also have plug-in capability and will be able to source power from a small battery pack.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46771000/honda-cr-v-fuel-cell-preview/

4 Likes