4 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Stealth recall?

7 Likes

Cult meeting.
I predicted the sacrifying of fingertips to please their Messiah.

4 Likes

15 Likes
4 Likes

Chinese car brands hit accelerator on road tests for level three autonomous driving tech

China has given the go-ahead to nine local car brands to start testing level three autonomous vehicles on public roads.

Applications for the trials opened in November last year. Among the nine brands accepted are BYD and Nio, as well as government-run firms including Changan Automobile and SAIC, per a statement from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, reports Reuters. Taxi companies with autonomous cars will also be participating.

[…]

Notably excluded from the level three trials is Tesla, which doesn’t offer level two self-driving in China yet. Chinese regulations require self-driving cars to use HD mapping, a tool that Tesla and CEO Elon Musk have said is unnecessary. However, the American electric vehicle manufacturer signed a deal with Baidu last month to gain access to HD maps, enabling the deployment of the company’s level two Full Self-Driving (FSD) technology to Chinese drivers.

[…]

2 Likes
3 Likes

There are a lot of studies and prototypes flying around…

1 Like

8 Likes
4 Likes

Celebrate Will Smith GIF

1 Like

My aunt had one of those when we were young! I loved that car!

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Last week I toured Dredge #4 near Dawson City, YT. It was powered from the get-go by electric motors. They float in a pool which travels with the dredge as it scoops up gravel in front and dumps it in the back. Gold was collected every two weeks. Apparently there were 24 of these in the region and another one can be seen in Chicken, AK.

These things give off proto Spice Harvester energy.

One of the electric motors

One guy controlled the digging ladder / buckets with this transmission

And did something with a bank of these thingies: I’m guessing a throttle?

The various gearing was extensive and immense

The mechanicals were made in Ohio and the timbers from BC then all of it was shipped up and assembled on site.

11 Likes

We toured a steam-powered one in Eastern Oregon. It’s wild! Like you say, it’s like a boat that makes it’s own pond in its direction of travel. The one in the Sumpter Valley we toured had made a maze-like pattern of dredging out in the remote high desert.

6 Likes