Mountain Goats have taken over a small Welsh town while humans are in quarantine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/01/mountain-goats-have-taken-over.html

8 Likes

I’m thrilled to see this. I used to go to Llandudno a lot. It’s llovely. Several nice restaurants, a usually frigid beach, reassuring architecture… now I want to go back.

9 Likes

Apparently the coyotes are coming out of the ravines here. I’m a bit concerned for the neighborhood cats.

9 Likes

And awesome gravestones:

16 Likes
9 Likes

A Detroit Red Wings fan in Wales?

8 Likes

Mountain Goats? Wouldn’t a Modest Mouse have been more sensible?

5 Likes

Goats: sheep with attitude.

8 Likes

I guess we know what that town is turning into.
4 Likes
9 Likes

One advantage, people will get their hedges trimmed without having to bother with disposing of the trimmings!
There are some places in the U.K. where herds of deer wander around the streets after dark, and they’re a lot bigger than the goats.
And just as likely to trash your garden!

4 Likes

Goat shit everywhere.

2 Likes

Beatrice (‘Bee’) Blore-Browne (1887-1921) “feared naught but god”.
First woman to drive a car up the Great Orme’s Cable Hill, a gradient of 1-in-3 (a Singer 10, in 1914).
Died aged 34, of cancer. :flushed:

7 Likes

Zoom zoom!

Coming down might have been scarier. It only had brakes on the rear wheels.

3 Likes

Are these goats normally an invasive species?

:goat:

/s, in case it’s not obvious.

I, for one, welcome our goat overlords.

7 Likes

It’s a bit easier to drive a car up Pen-y-Gogarth now, but it must have been more fun when she did it.
Yeah, you’re all still making me miss it. Cabin fever.

1 Like

8 Likes

What I thought when I read the headline.

Shit is getting weird these days. I looked out into my back yard yesterday and there were foxes in it. Red (European) foxes in the middle of the biggest city in the SF Bay Area. I’m pretty sure this is the first time they’ve been in this area, ever.

Looking back on it, there were certain signs that I now suspect indicated they were around a few months before the virus shutdown, but it was only in the last few days that I heard their calls at night.

6 Likes