MSNBC: "Trump is fixated on sham GOP audit in Arizona" and expects to be reinstalled as President this summer

It’s absolutely, 100% the same story (and with a large population overlap) with rapture and end of the world predictions. Make bold, concrete predictions, never admit you are wrong when they never happen, always invent some new thing that is going to happen on a timeline that is close enough to be tantalizing but far enough away that you have time to work the grift.

The difference Q and rapture predictions is that it is also done to promote terrorism.

7 Likes

i don’t know about that…

in arizona, they’re bringing back the gas chamber, they’ve outlawed vaccination requirements, passed laws to stop people from voting, restricted civilian oversight of cops, raised minimum wage to a whopping 12.15, and legalized sports betting*.

this is high-quality stuff /s. i’m sure they’ve got some anti-trans bills in the pipeline too.

(* on the more positive front, they also recently legalized recreational marijuana, and legalized some fentanyl drug testing kits i believe. but, republicans can’t win them all i suppose. )

10 Likes

and they already lost that fight in court when texas tried to sue to invalidate the counts of other states. the states are independent when it comes to deciding their electors.

( not that i’m telling you anything new. just pointing out that their domino theory is going to fall flat. )

6 Likes

Fascist authoritarians gotta fash.

2 Likes

The only saving grace of his increasing prominence is that I am hopeful at some point he’ll catch Gritty’s attention.

6 Likes

You might feel differently if such ploys had ever been used against you and yours.

18 Likes

That’s good you use the word “factoid.”

I’m not sure how corrupt Cyber Ninjas is, but they don’t even have to be that corrupt. They just have to be incompetent and partisan. Simple Skinner psychology will make them “suspicious” of enough legitimate ballots to make a difference in the vote result. It doesn’t matter what made them suspicious— the corner was turned down on one, the UV light didn’t find anything. As long as it is “suspicious,” it goes in the “suspicious” column, so they can then publish a Large Number that is then repeated endlessly enough until the factoid becomes fact.

13 Likes

They could be professional and unbiased, and the “audit” would still be biased because they are only examining Maricopa County. If they gave a shit about fairness and truth, they would audit the whole state, not just a county that Biden won.

11 Likes

Honestly, I think we’re returning to a day and age where state legislatures pick the presidential candidates and electoral votes for the state. I don’t see red states allowing popular votes to dictate the presidential selection much longer.

2 Likes

You are meant to rank every candidate, although there are no penalties for not doing so. You can leave the vote blank or write none-of-the-above if you prefer.

And there is a Lamington or a Democracy Sausage afterwards.

3 Likes

I’m not so sure. Again and again, we see that the response of MANY people after they have been stomped upon is NOT to put an end to people being stomped on, it is to make sure that this time, THEY are the ones doing the stomping.
sigh An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

The self hatred and the cycle of abuse that some people willfully perpetuate is another is matter all together.

My point was essentially that any obstacle can be weaponized against people who are already marginalized or disenfranchised.

14 Likes

“Bullets not Ballots!”, Donald J Trump.

1 Like

Can I have Freedom Fries with that?

6 Likes

The joke is that we’re already supposed to be living in a free, democratic society, but of course that’s not actually true. And that’s not in small part because it’s asymmetric warfare: one side has no compunctions about exploiting every fear, suspicion, doubt, and lie, while the other side gets clobbered by restricting itself to reason and a real interest in the truth. Which is of course absolutely the way the “good guys” should be fighting, but it sure would be nice if the peculiarities of how human brains function could work in favour of truth and freedom once in a while.

4 Likes

I can imagine this being set up in urban precincts (e.g. with poor or lack of signage, and/or stringent voter ID requirements, and/or hell why not an obstacle course) where the the two-fold outcome is (1) failing to vote, and (2) incurring whatever the punishment is for not voting.

1 Like

Festivus-BeliefSystem

That’s only true if you assume the goal of the audits is changing this election. It isn’t. The ongoing audits justify the new restrictive voting measures to their base in the hopes of changing the electorate for future elections.

13 Likes

We don’t subscribe to your rag to be told the truth!!

4 Likes

Free advice for Donnie;

7 Likes