Mueller report may already have been read to Trump White House, former CIA chief John Brennan hints

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/17/mueller-report-may-already-hav.html

Trump AG Barr says they’ll release a redacted version of Mueller’s report Thursday.

5 Likes

However, we can be sure that Trump himself hasn’t read it. It’s way too long and has no pics, even if his name is liberally sprinkled throughout.

26 Likes

I can see him scanning the doc for instances of his name, reading just that one stupid syllable, and moving on to the next.

8 Likes

Well of course they have a heads up on what the released version says.

1 Like

I got confused for a second there since I associate AG Barr as being an agent of Trump rather than an independent attorney general in the Department of Justice.

“Of course Barr has already read it.”

4 Likes

Probably, yes. But, this type of conjecture is what is wrong with American Media.

May have
Might have
Could have
Should have

Stay tuned consumers, more “news” at 11…

5 Likes

Trump’s former ghostwriter doesn’t think he has even read The Art of the Deal all the way through.

9 Likes

As reported by plenty of outlets yesterday, Barr has sort of a history of refusing to release reports that have made their way across his desk, and then giving a ‘summary’ that omits all the bad stuff.

https://www.justsecurity.org/63635/barrs-playbook-he-misled-congress-when-omitting-parts-of-justice-dept-memo-in-1989/

17 Likes

Resume writing 101 for corrupt trump officials.

7 Likes

16 Likes

Read TO them, not BY them - since the DOJ are under no illusions about their reading comprehension skills.

4 Likes

Rachel Maddow’s opening segment last night is a MUST watch (though she rambles way way too long lately about everything to kill airtime)

Apparently Barr did this EXACT same summary nonsense back with Bush and when the actual report came out years after he was gone and it was too late, it was NOTHING like the summary

5 Likes
7 Likes

some states elect their attorneys general. But the president appoints one, and there’s a limit to how much independence one can truly expect.

1 Like

You’re assuming he can read…

I’m with you. My assumption is that Trump had the report as soon as Barr had it, and also, who gives a damn what Brennan has to say? He has to grind his axe to stay relevant and rake in those sweet, sweet talking head dollars.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Barr & Mueller 1991

6 Likes

Its a cover-up.

Rudy Giuliani has already written a rebuttal to the report, so obviously the White House got to see it. They’re not even pretending Barr is an independent AG, doing his job for America rather than Trump.

1 Like