Mueller report may already have been read to Trump White House, former CIA chief John Brennan hints

How does anyone still have an attitude for snarky comments?
How can people still find some relief in joking about what’s going on in the US?
I’m more inclined to believe Russian trolls are actively spreading anti-trump-lolz comments as a form of reversed-psychological-warfare than believing people can actually laugh about what’s still going on and how things turn from bad to worse.

2 Likes

People were making jokes even in the Nazi death camps. Humor is a vital coping mechanism for many, many people.

4 Likes

Do you really believe this to be a fair comparison? There’s only so much left when you are starving and outgunned.
Us on the other hand, typing away on our overpriced Foxconn phones while sitting on heatet toilet seats…

‘Like’ given for getting the plural correct!

1 Like

My point is that snark and humor about bad things happening does not mean people aren’t taking those bad things seriously, or doing what they can to counteract those bad things. Being all grim and serious all the time does not benefit anyone, and will make it much more likely that people burn out and give up.

3 Likes

In other news: the pope took a dump in the woods.

And yesterday I saw a bear wearing a funny hat. #whowouldathunk

That’s what really struck me: no functional professional is going to accept hundreds of pages of legal argument being READ TO THEM.

It’s beyond laughing OR crying at this point. White House officials had a major document (or rather, only selected portions) read to them. How are they not hanging their heads in shame?

1 Like

Because they wallow in it.

4 Likes

Well he is incapable of reading it himself, it’s got too many words and some of them are long.

I feel lucky to have grown up and raised my children in a [nominal] democracy.

alas, your children’s children will grow up in an authoritarian hothouse.

1 Like

Which means Barr straight up lied when he said that Trump’s personal attorneys did not get a look at the report prior to release.

3 Likes

Maybe they use a definition of “prior” that’s diluted of any meaning - just like “collusion”.

1 Like

I’m not trying to win an argument here really believe me. I hope you are right with your judgment, But from over the pond what’s happening in the US politically looks like a Hollywood production. Not in the screwball comedy sense like the Brexit, more like in a horror/slasher where You know right from the beginning who is the bad guy or the monster and the good folks can’t do much and are just trying to stay alive.
Keep on keeping on.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.