Musk agrees to give stock to X employees but only if they explain why they deserve it

Originally published at: Musk agrees to give stock to X employees but only if they explain why they deserve it - Boing Boing

9 Likes

Musk: “Tell me why you want this barrel of radioactive waste.”

Me: “I don’t.”

16 Likes

He’s created an ass-kissing contest, and he thinks it will make him look good? What some people will do instead of going to therapy, wild stuff, man!

18 Likes

That’s it, I finally understood why X is investing so much into LLMs.

With it, they can create a Matrix-like virtual company, with fake employees, fake executives, fake business reports, everything. Then Elno can sit at his computer and get his ass kissed all day long, fire people on meager pretenses and enjoy feeling like a genius innovator. Meanwhile, the real employees are free from his micromanagement and have a chance to actually get real shit done.

16 Likes

… always worked for him before, right?

well until about 2018 or so anyway :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

You have to admit it’s a novel approach to finding out what blackmail material his employees have on him.

21 Likes

“Why should you give me shares? 1: I deserve them for putting up with your gormless bullshit, and, 2: They will be better off in my hands than yours.”

15 Likes

Holy hell. Well, it’s probably a good thing that there are numerous companies in the Bay Area one can work at which aren’t this toxic hellhole.

7 Likes

If I was working there I’m sure I would be questioning my life choices able to write an essay on why I would be a better owner than EM.

8 Likes

18 Likes

Go the buttkissing route. Have Grok write it.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if he then posts them all publicly for X users to “vote” for each.

7 Likes

A rather interesting way to create a database of ‘personalities’ for future layoffs decision. I wonder if the real assholes stand a better chance of being kept on, Musk being Musk.

6 Likes

I’d prefer a bottle of Stock 84 - the Italian brandy

And for you the weirdest advert they made in the '80s

Edit: I’d actually prefer to have one of this “robots” that look like a prop of an 80s British sci-fi serial, probably powered by an Apple II clone, than X stock.

8 Likes

I think I may have found the employee he is looking for.

6 Likes

No!! You’re not HARDCORE enough.

Elno /s

5 Likes

This cheeky little bugger who speaks up for himself?

Nah. What space cadet cult leader is looking for here are employees who actually don’t want stock options because they feel like they don’t deserve it.
All others get canned. Or transferred to SpaceX to dig out the new flame trench at Boca Chica. And then stay in it.

8 Likes

Given how many times he had to explain (through his legal team) why he deserved to own most of the stock of Tesla corp, perhaps he is using this approach to amass material for future justifications. I like the idea someone suggested of using his own AI to flood his mailbox with replies.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Could they be paid in machine guns rather than stock?

3 Likes