Musk boosts 4chan claim that women are incapable of critical thinking

He gets me every time. He’s a master baiter. :grimacing:

5 Likes

I was also wondering about autistic trans women! (Enby, actually, but I’m taking estrogen and testosterone blockers, so trans woman for this purpose.) I mean, since I’m purposefully blocking that God given magic hormone (:roll_eyes:) I’m clearly not thinking clearly, right? Does the estrogen override the autism?

Oh and Muskie? Yeah, don’t include the rest of us autistic people in with your diseased ramblings.

11 Likes

Oh, if he wants to go melee, I’m down with that.

18 Likes

That’s a neat looking billhook.

9 Likes

Why thank you! Unfortunately I don’t have a picture with me and my scythe. I really need to put on a long black dress and get some pictures with that this year, especially when I’m actually using it for yard work!

14 Likes

Didn’t Ender’s Game have some version of this? Not all the games were physical, though.

1 Like

I find it super-hilarious that this idea is coming out of 4chan culture, where people adopt positions that are outrageous in the wider culture, purely in order to be part of the in-group.

9 Likes

Musk himself is pandering to his in-group of far-right trollies and reply guys.

7 Likes

Yeah, it is also funny given how transparently desperate for the approval of that group Elon Musk is, to the point where his public positions have changed to chase their approval.

6 Likes

5 Likes

“People who can’t defend themselves physically…”

Not that there’s not enough wrong with this, but it also violates The Law of Bad Ass. Simply stated, “You may think you’re a bad ass, but there is always a bigger bad ass.”. The Law of Bad Ass states that however big a bad ass you think you are, the likelihood that you are the world’s biggest bad ass is so unlikely, it’s essentially zero. At best, the chance is ~1/(8,000,000,000), and any delusion that you might be that one person probably just means you just haven’t met the right person. So, except for one person on the planet, who’s probably spending so much time training they lack time for social media, there is no one who can absolutely defend themselves.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that possibility died in the Neolithic when people invented weapons, if not earlier. There is a very famous story in the bible about a big warrior being killed by a little guy with a rock.

12 Likes

I don’t know, but estrogen overrides schizophrenia, and may be one of the most effective treatments. Doctors don’t usually give it to men, for obvious reasons.

https://www.nature.com/articles/mp201433

10 Likes

It’s over 20 years since I read the book, and I don’t remember.

The Roman Republic had a voting system in which the plebes got one vote each, while the nobles got lots more, depending on their rank. I don’t recall the details.

But obviously any system which deviates from one person-one vote, whether by exclusion on factors, or by weighting, is fundamentally undemocratic.

4 Likes

Pretty sure that happened before we became homo sapiens. Maybe even before we became the species homo

5 Likes

Why do so many stupid men think women are stupid?

11 Likes

Don’t forget, the real badasses don’t feel a need to prove themselves badasses. Unless something were to happen, we’d never know they walk among us.

7 Likes

“Nothing threatens a mediocre man more than a competent woman.”

— me

13 Likes

Sufficiently stupid people can’t imagine someone else being smart.

6 Likes

Yeah, that, the paranoia of the mediocre as previously mentioned, and of course the classic
projector-655x491

6 Likes