Musk’s failure to identify the most significant factor impacting Tesla’s stock price spells continued doom (it's him)

Originally published at: Musk's failure to identify the most significant factor impacting Tesla's stock price spells continued doom (it's him) | Boing Boing

8 Likes

NewAngryFirebelliedtoad-small

26 Likes

He’s shorting Tesla isn’t he?

21 Likes

Even if he is, can the upside of that beat margin calls on his loans?

8 Likes

Almost certainly. His whole game has been stock manipulation all along.

9 Likes

It’s hard to imagine how he could possibly hope to make a scheme like that work to his advantage since it would be an incredibly blatant and extremely public case of insider trading, not to mention destroying the board’s confidence in his ability to lead the company.

18 Likes

So what you’re saying is, he’s probably doing it. It’s not like any of his other decisions have been great.

8 Likes

None of his decisions have been great, but he’s been consistent in at least one respect: he wants the adoration of millions of people who think he’s a charismatic genius.

I don’t think he has it in him to intentionally make himself look dumber and less competent than he really is, even in the service of a long-term financial goal.

16 Likes

Like hanging out with Jared Kushner?

15 Likes

Anyone standing next to Jared Kushner automatically looks smarter and more competent just by way of contrast. It’s like hanging out with Jabba the Hutt when you’re feeling sensitive about your weight.

29 Likes

Who said it was intentional? He’s just that stupid.

8 Likes

If his ongoing Twitter shenanigans were part of a secret plan to drive down the price of Tesla stock then that would imply he’s intentionally making himself look like an incompetent ass. That’s the part that I have a hard time believing.

14 Likes

But he’s the smartest man on earth cause he has the most monies… oh wait, no he doesn’t! /s

And far too many people are falling for that shit. It’s fucked up. Cult of personality is a fucked up thing…

19 Likes

Umpty Dimensional Chess

10 Likes

Something something “all the king’s horses and all the king’s men…”

6 Likes

Oh, I don’t think it’s a plan. I think he just knows it’s happening anyway and is doing a short / illegal stock manipulation because that’s what he does. It’s what he’s done in the past when Tesla’s fucked up, both pumping, dumping, and shorting, and I can’t see why he’d not be doing it now. The SEC hasn’t done anything to him when he last did it except “make him no longer Chairman of the board”, but guess who is listed as the leader of the board on Tesla’s website?

This guy isn’t smart enough to “plan” these things, but he’s certainly shitty enough to take advantage of things based on insider information.

10 Likes

“Very smart investor I spoke to today…”

It appears that, as the rift to the Upside Down widens, Elon and Donald have started to merge in to a gestalt being; more hideous than the sum of its parts.

16 Likes

We’re gonna need more dimensions.

15 Likes

Fold in the Umpty.

6 Likes

Let’s get right to it: musk is displaying himself in all his naked glory as a Nazi-adjacent far-right activist and enabler. What could be more of a turn-off to an eco-conscious, left-leaning prospective Tesla buyer?

8 Likes