My head just exploded

I can’t think of anything intelligent to ask but congrats

1 Like

Aaahahaa, that made my day :slight_smile:

1 Like

From now on, watch it every morning. Post results.

Okay, first, thanks for posting the Eluveitie track. My biggest thing these days is the whole folk-metal thing- Korplikaani, Finntroll, Glittertind, et al.

But yeah- I think you could spend months charting the splinters and schisms in the metal scene- And I’ve never understood the hostility a lot of them have towards punk.

Yep, that looks like a full album. I was checking part of that out yesterday. I never have been a fan of the “gargle rock” stye of singing, but it’s tolerable here to further contrast the j-poppiness of it all :slight_smile:

This entire discussion… so full of win…

That comment was almost as good as the vid.

The lyrics are too intelligible to be death metal.

Hmm - kinda reminds me of a mash up of old school KMFDM when they had more diva/dance vocals, and something like Atari Teenage Riot.

I always wondered what happened to these girls.

Shonen*

There’s no such thing as j-hiphop… it’s just called hiphop. Also, it’s not death metal if you just play a recording of someone else’s death growl while holding up the devil sign.

This music is somewhat interesting compared to other j-pop, but equally as awful and offensive as most other j-pop. There are musicians in Japan that make music that doesn’t categorise as ‘pop’ and I’d recommend you all seek out some of that because musicians in Japan would get a solid gut laugh out of the widespread interest in this junk.

Thats called a “slam pit” … no, really.

Piracy is the best
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8886190/BABYMETAL_-_Discography_and_Videography

You really have no clue what Japanese music is like. What are “hentai fetish people”? That name alone suggests to me you’ve got NFI about anything that relates to Japan that doesn’t come filtered through a Western perspective.

Metallica… lame.

2 Likes

i see what you did there :slight_smile:

In astronomy, anything heavier than hydrogen is considered a metal, so this was light metal, aka helium.

Thanks! To be honest, I wasn’t aware of BabyMetal when I got the job. They aren’t as mainstream as AKB48, who are plastered everywhere. I was an old school metal head, said the director. And a group of hip hoppers were “bullying” me. Ijime dame. I’ve been in other Jpop stuff as well as commercials. I’ll also be in manga to movie Thermae Romae 2 coming this spring. It’s actually pretty easy to get in stuff over here, if you’re a foreigner. I always thought my japanese ability would get me somewhere. Ironically, it’s been my good looks that got me in the system.

1 Like

Whatever, dude. The japanese know more about metal than most Americans.

This is what the U.S. Military plays to terrorist prisoners all day to break them.