"My hind leg!" Ranting Tennessee megachurch pastor says he will forbid mask-wearing in church

5 Likes

Ah yeah, I had forgotten about that - I’m also reminded that the first well-studied super-spreader event in the US was a choir, which became evidence that it was airborne under normal conditions.

I hadn’t read about this kind of thing happening in US churches so much (probably because it’s been hitting everyone so broadly), but now we will, as being unvaccinated and unmasked is a badge of honor for specific groups and the more transmissible delta variant is now running wild…

7 Likes

But you’re also very much not supposed to go off and get yourself killed, either. And despite the belief, not a lot of believers are so eager to die, either…

3 Likes

You can if it’s a crusade…

5 Likes

Matthew 23:17: “Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold?” Different context, though.

To be honest, though, this guy isn’t an idiot because he paraphrased the King James Bible in a funny way. He’s an idiot because he’s telling people that they can’t wear a mask in his church. He’s an idiot because he’s been pushing COVID-19 misinformation and members of his congregation have died of COVID-19.

7 Likes

the only crusade these people are on is the one to separate gullible fools from most of their money. you would think they would take the pragmatic view – get the vaccine. mask up. keep the cash pipeline open!

5 Likes

It is a long way from the Jordan River to a cattle trough…

1 Like

Or that it is full of clowns?

2 Likes

Plus Jesus was dead at 33 so it’s not like he was a great example of longevity even by Biblical-era standards.

Maybe a better example would be “Methuselah was never vaccinated.”

8 Likes

Seems to be a Freudian slip…
In any case, the man is a full-blown asshole.
Bet he has lots of skeletons rattling in his closet.

I certainly don’t accept your god(s) or church… as far as you are concerned, when I want to hear from an asshole, I will fart.

Projection.
The favorite tool of RWNJs everywhere.

So he admits to being a quadruped. Not surprising.

Beat me to it.

Yeah, but the ones that aren’t morons are dangerous.

Oh, he not only deserves it, he has earned it.
Of course, he will deny he is dying of COVID… those evil Democrat doctors did him in…

11 Likes

That needs Likes…

ares god of love base 600

8 Likes

Yeah, but that wasn’t exactly natural causes, either.

What I mean is, if he can heal the sick, then…

told you so agree GIF by Bounce

10 Likes

Enoch wasn’t vaccinated, and the Bible says that he never died!

Edit: I think that Christians believe that Jesus only died temporarily at 33, then he got better (sort of, he was wandering around with holes in his hands, feet and his side) and ascended to heaven while alive. Any belief that is different is heresy.

12 Likes

But that’s laying hands on others. Could he do that to himse-

I’ll be in my cloister.

13 Likes

As ‘er is spoke proper, like.
As an aside, did Reverend Jackass get Rapturous applause after that performance?

3 Likes

Well, 40 days out in the wilderness all by yourself with nobody to keep you company except Satan…

7 Likes
4 Likes

Since about 1650 or so, apparently.

Around 1650, smitten began to refer not simply to being struck, but to being struck with affection or longing. This sense existed for hundreds of years alongside all the senses one would rather avoid. But the fact that smite had dissimilar meanings does not seem to have confused many people.

4 Likes

If he had been, he might be alive today.

12 Likes

It’s pretty natural to die within a couple days after you’ve been nailed to a big piece of wood and left in the sun.

10 Likes