MyPillow CEO promises Trump will return to Oval Office in August

Originally published at: MyPillow CEO promises Trump will return to Oval Office in August | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Not the first time a cult leader said some sort of grand arrival was going to occur on a certain time and it won’t/didn’t happen

30 Likes

He also promises that his pillow will be the best one you ever bought.

40 Likes

Mike Lindell might be arrested by August.

34 Likes

i don’t know what is sadder – that he truly believes this or that other gullible people will believe him.

31 Likes

I mean, this is all a pretty close analog to newish religions formed in the US, and sadly failed prophecies of gods returning don’t actually fizzle, but somehow continue on. See Millerite movement etc.

21 Likes

What makes you think he believes any of that piffle?

5 Likes

It’s hard not to wonder what this guy is up to. I really don’t want to dig into this at all, but I suspect that this is related to some sort of fundraising drive and suckering people into giving money.

18 Likes

Next in the Dominion lawsuit, “No reasonable person believes me.”

20 Likes

Bannon also falsely believes he has control of his own podcast: “wait, wait, wait, ok go ahead”.

4 Likes

(((newish)))

2 Likes

Rookie cult.

the Catholic Church has been saying Jesus is coming back for 2,000 years.

20 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

15 Likes

Sorry. When is this Rapture supposed to happen?

9 Likes

You can see how when Trump dies there’s going to be sooooo many loons that believe he’s actually still alive and secretly plotting his comeback.

16 Likes

Mike Lindell: your conspiracy theory is dumb, and you should be embarrassed.

13 Likes

So, he’s going for an insanity defense.

10 Likes

Nuff said…

17 Likes

I recently watched Murder Among the Mormons on Netflix. It’s a great documentary, I highly recommend it. Not to spoil it too much if you haven’t seen it, but “something something fraud” is a good description.

I feel like the MyPillow guy’s “Supreme Court evidence” will be a couple of spiral-bound journals held together with a rubber band, a shoebox of Papa John’s receipts, and some VHS tapes of Trump shouting about how the election was stolen from him. All of which is secret, because it definitely exists for realsies, and is too precious to be seen by anyone except the Supreme Court. Alas, it will all be destroyed in a car fire or something, because it’s an attack by another country. But he really, really had all that evidence! He really did!

20 Likes

6 Likes