Mystery kitty pops out of vent of woman's house

Cat is pretty clean for coming out of a set of heater ducts. A cat in a heater duct is basically a self-propelled bottle brush.

8 Likes

So is Vent Kitteh an avatar of Basement Cat or Ceiling Cat?

3 Likes

Oh Hai. I checked ur ducts. They r dusty.

5 Likes

“Meow, meow. All this political infighting, and no one suspects we are in their vents, watching their dudes. Meow, meow.”

“Meow meow! Sir, Spec Ops Kitteh Wiskers has been discovered, meow meow!”

“Meow Meow! Oh no! Meow Meow!”

“Meow meow. Don’t worry, he just played it off as a cute thing, and the internet wants to buy him tuna, meow meow.”

6 Likes

I’ve had that in reverse.

Cat found a hole in a loose grate, pulled the grate off, and disappeared into the ducts. Lots of random sounds and meows from under the floor and through the ducts until kitty was lured out with treats.

1 Like

does a cat equal two dogs… questions questions…

There is a young cat in my street which has walked into our house at least twice. It has its owner’s phone number on its collar and the first time the cat turned up my sister called the number and left a message. The owner turned up weeks later, having been away in New Zealand, wanting her cat back but of course it was long gone. Then recently the same cat tried to get into our house so I called the same number. The same woman answered and said that it wasn’t a big deal just let the cat go, so I did.

1 Like

Seems a bit negligent. I guess her cat has to know how to fend for itself.

Our late cat used to visit the neighbors he knew would give him treats. Mind you we fed him regularly, but he realized he could score drive-through while he was prowling the neighborhood on his evening hunts.

4 Likes

I think on the first occasion she had arranged for somebody to feed the cat but they had gone away for a few days and sort of broken the connection with the house so the cat didn’t rely on food there anymore. We get some local kids to feed our pets while we are away. We do the same for their family but sometimes it has to be split among people who are going to be around part of the time.

1 Like

Reminds me of something else I read yesterday.
A person is walking down the street, and sees a cat waiting to be let in via someone’s front door. So, they walk up, say hello to the cat, ring the doorbell and walk off.
As they get down the street they hear shouting from the house: “OMG Sarah! The cat just rang the doorbell!”

We used to have an old rescue cat with long fur, who would disappear for several days on end, and return covered in mud and blood. We eventually worked out that he was hiding out in rabbit burrows and presumably slaughtering entire families of bunnies.

2 Likes

My friend had their cat go missing one day years ago. They got a call from someone living about 30 km away saying they had their cat. Turns out, my friend had their ducts cleaned, and the cat must have got into the vacuum system, the truck made a second stop and it climbed out into their ducts. Same thing as here, they heard meowing in their ducts, opened a cover and out popped a cat.

4 Likes

A friend had a cat that liked to go to the church on the hill on Sundays to get scritches from the parishioners.

6 Likes

Sorry I think you missed a step. Why does a truck connect to your ducts?

Incidentally last friday a friend told me that a tiger snake had been found on grass near our favorite coffee spot in central Melbourne. Our best guess for the cause was similar to your cat situation. It rode in on a truck.

The truck is a large vacuum cleaner, they park it in your driveway and hook it into your duct work with a hose to clean. The cat would have either got sucked in or climbed in.

Found in my bathroom.

6 Likes

The Structural Kitteh family is legion!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.