Mystery kitty pops out of vent of woman's house

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/26/mystery-kitty-pops-out-of-vent.html

11 Likes

No worries, it’s just Ceiling Kitteh’s little cousin Vent Kitteh.

38 Likes

I can haz spelunking merit badge?

30 Likes

You don’t choose cats. They choose you.

35 Likes

My parents used to have a cat that did that. He’d rip open the duct work under the house, and then crawl through to get into the house. It took them ages to figure out how he was going in and out on his own. They didn’t realize a vent in the back bedroom didn’t have a cover, because it wasn’t finished.

13 Likes
  1. well, you have a cat now.

Our old cat used to do this, if a plumber left a hole in the wall (or a drunk roommate kicked a hole in a wall) she would crawl in and we wouldn’t see her for a couple days, eventually she would emerge (from a hole in another part of the house, I should add) with a bunch of cobwebs stuck to her. Cats just do this. Adventure.

24 Likes

Basement Cat is watching you.

22 Likes

Yes, hopefully after checking if it’s chipped. That kitten looks to be in pretty good shape for a stray and feral cats tend to be more skittish.

14 Likes

OHAI! Wuz you in heer,cuz I in here!

13 Likes

HVAC: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Cat-ditioning.

26 Likes

Cute little meow at the end. I wantzzzz…

9 Likes

You do now, lady.

Jinx.

11 Likes

Meme is so!

8 Likes

The miracle of birth. For some reason I thought it’d be different though.

13 Likes

Oh, Hai there!

3 Likes

14 Likes

I’d like to have whatever you were having!

3 Likes

I need to know what happened to the cute kitty

6 Likes

No whack-a-mole me, plz! K, thanxbye!

7 Likes

Something similar happened to me. Deep into the winter, a cat with a croaky voice was suddenly in the floor heating vent like that, meowing and carrying on. When we removed the grate though, he got scared and retreated deeper into the vent. We left the vent open and he popped out over and over to get himself a snack and a drink and then would run back into the grate. I eventually caught him and held him for a bit, which convinced him not to be scared of me.

We named him Ear because his croaky voice sounded like that. Eeeeeeeeeearrrrrrrrrr eeeearrrr

9 Likes