Mystery of the vanishing bird seed solved

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/04/mystery-of-the-vanishing-bird.html

11 Likes

If it’s a problem, put dried chillis in there. The birds won’t react to them, unlike deer and squirrels

25 Likes

49 Likes

Well there is a big illuminated reindeer sign out the front. Is your restaurant open for business?

58 Likes

My neighbor had that happen, too. But with a bear.

18 Likes

Fair is fair! i often put peanuts out for the squirrels to keep them out of my bird feeder.

24 Likes

Usually it’s this desperado.

21 Likes

Just remember to wash your hands afterwards.

13 Likes

Oh yeah. I have done that washing the dishes after a spicy meal.

6 Likes

17 Likes

21 Likes

Off topic.

I don’t know where else to ask this, but why am I getting so much more ad crap on Boing Boing than I used to? It’s making me nucking futz!

9 Likes

You want deer to develop giraffe necks?

Because this is how you get deer to develop giraffe necks!

20 Likes
11 Likes

My dad worked in a lab and said you could tell the chemists from the physicists by whether they washed their hands before they used the restroom or after. (He was a chemist; no, I didn’t ask.)

16 Likes

Right! Because mammals never decide that the pain of capsaicin is worth the nibble. :wink:

6 Likes

24 Likes

Because you’re not using a good adblocker.

13 Likes

The Gray Tail Gang didn’t bother my saffron bulbs when they were on the parking strip, but when I moved them next to the driveway the furry fucks dug them all up.

7 Likes

Seeing male coworkers do the happy jalapeño dance was always a great source of amusement in kitchens I have worked in. :smiling_imp:

17 Likes