N.C. lawmaker wants law to keep people from yelling at transphobic former governor

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/25/n-c-lawmaker-wants-law-to-kee.html

6 Likes

Oh, so they want to instate an anti-criticism law.

I criticize that.

28 Likes
3 Likes

If the people were already acting in a way befitting the breathless hyperbole of “rioting” and “threatening his life” there are already laws on the books to cover that. Hence the police coming to see if any somesuch were occurring. Find some other sheep disguise for your bullshit censorship wolf.

24 Likes

Man! Are the tobacco fields in NC being replaced by weed? Why are these SOBs so damn paranoid?

I was nearby when this happened and it was a very non-violent affair. Although being faced with a few hundred people chanting “SHAME” at you I can imagine that there were some tightly puckered anuses on the receiving side…

14 Likes

If they were, then that would make one good thing about living in North Carolina.

Talk like that only arouses the republicans.

7 Likes

Times like these I’m jealous of my dog. Granted he has very few rights to begin with … but other than that he’s oblivious and I’m envious in that regard.

6 Likes

[quote]“Other governors never faced riotous mobs in their post-service, private lives, without personal security.”[/quote]The obvious rejoinder is that other governors never signed bills about where people can widdle.

“Lines are being crossed” ? You don’t say.

7 Likes

And, shockingly enough, nobody came out of the woodwork to mock this attempt to impose a ‘safe space’ that will apparently follow all North Carolina government agents; because existing laws concerning public harassment apparently aren’t enough; but don’t need to be amended to protect the little people, because reasons.

I shocked.

5 Likes

3 Likes

We’re going to start seeing a lot of lese majeste laws being proposed on behalf of any elected GOP executive.

3 Likes

Fortunately this won’t go anywhere because, as we all know, the GOP doesn’t support special legal protections for groups of people just because the general public doesn’t like them.

8 Likes

How much longer will we have to coddle these snowflakes and their safe-spaces?

11 Likes

All the world’s a safe space, and all the republican pols merely snowflakes.

6 Likes

So this means that we can go straight to the tar and feathering then?

4 Likes

Conservatives seem to have perfected the art of being professional victims.

https://dn3pm25xmtlyu.cloudfront.net/photos/thumb/856642675.gif?1402610098&Expires=1485459829&Signature=m5ZwyC-j7Z~JpMDFsZSZ47Fu67aUBhVDah3Ev~Bus6teKmISc~wMaH~Td2nQ1My-zQegyKgGtSI8UsPunXvhNl4xLu-A4~U45XGtvyh3PRxWP8f7GtvzShmhV2HYN5vSdfoDTqQ45bFzftnjt-lxy3JzRMf-1ya7HDyLVGQmXyo_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA

And yet they don’t like soccer for some reason.

12 Likes

And they would have gotten away with it too if it weren’t for the first amendment…

…is what I want to say because I hope it’s still true.

4 Likes

Thin-skinned people have no place in politics. If they really wanted to be jerky about it, they probably could have had the shouters ticketed for disturbing the peace. But to demand a law that provides them with a safe space is freaking weak! Toughen up and deal with the fact that people may not have the same thoughts and feelings as you, Mr. McCrory!

5 Likes

And he can perform necessary bodily functions pretty much wherever he wants without having to worry about being harassed or even attacked.

2 Likes

Just not in the house.

5 Likes