Naked Florida woman on a rampage in Outback Steakhouse

I don’t actually know how injection dart guns work, but I expect there might be additional issues with that.

2 Likes

Well, you could get everyone out of the way and wait for backup. And ideally, you’d have people show up who are trained to deal with mentally unsound people. That’s the whole point behind the “defund the police” movement, right? If the only available solution to any problem is “call the cops” then cops will be responding to a lot of things they really shouldn’t be.

And you’re right that the preferred method to subdue someone like what I described doesn’t look super friendly either, but the woman would be better off. Also, when asked why they acted that way they could say “that’s how to do it without anyone getting hurt” instead of something stupid like “I deescalated by shooting the distressed, unarmed, naked, confused middle-aged woman with my less lethal weapon.”

4 Likes

What if the woman managed to hurt herself during the time you wait for better trained people who may take a long time to get there? With all that glass that was a clear risk. Then you instead have a headline: “Cops stand by while woman bleeds to death”. Sometimes there are no ideal solutions.

1 Like

Unlike alcohol

1 Like

No you’re correct there. There are definitely scenarios in which tazing her is the right call, and I’m sure this highly trained and professional officer of the law calmly considered all eventualities before deciding on this particular course of action, as we can expect from the police in the USA.

4 Likes

keep it 100 mean girls GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

:+1:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.