Nancy Pelosi's husband undergoes surgery for skull fracture after hammer attack

3…2…1…

1 Like
12 Likes

15 years ago I had friends that used to live down the street from the (at the time) Illinois governor’s small personal home in Ravenswood in Chicago. There were always unmarked state police cars parked out front, even when no one was in town.
Yet the third person to the presidency in the United States can have a clearly unhinged lunatic enter their home (even though she wasn’t there) and attack a member of her family and that family member has to dial 911 to get a response? WTF?
At worst he should have had the alarm system/panic button connected to the local Capital police and FBI fast response team who would be a block away (for appearance’s sake) and at best there should have been cars parked out front.

Edit: Holy shit, Fox News is apparently using my rough argument here. By no means am I saying the Pelosi’s are responsible for this. I am saying why are the Capital Police not defending the homes of people like the Pelosi’s better?

Why would DC capitol police be in San Fran?

8 Likes

Musk Bought Twitter, Dorsey Launched New Social-Media Company Beta

4 Likes

If the Feds were paying for round-the-clock surveillance and security of the Pelosis’ San Francisco home even when the speaker was on the other side of the country then I guarantee Fox and the rest of the right-wingers would have been screaming to high heavens about the exorbitant expense she was selfishly incurring on taxpayers.

8 Likes

The apologensia are bringing out that he’s autistic, he has aspergers, there was an earthquake, a tidal wave…

Beach, please! Just own it!

Jerk

1 Like

Why would the Secret Service be anywhere?

eta: longer answer, it’s a matter of digging into the enabling legislation for federal police forces, to see the range and scope of their jurisdiction.

6 Likes

But they also only have so much they can cover, including both current sitting P and VP and their immediately family, all former sitting presidents and their families (I don’t know about former VPs), plus the Speaker. Clearly, that does not extend to the speakers family.

3 Likes

After Jan. 6 attack, U.S. Capitol Police choose San Francisco for new field office. Here’s why (sfchronicle.com)

1 Like

Twitter will be the Radio Télévision Libre des Mille Collines of our time.

2 Likes

Short thread:

5 Likes

here’s the direct link for people who don’t want to use twitter.

US v. David Wayne Depape complaint (pdf)

Among the contents

In a Mirandized and recorded interview of DEPAPE by San Francisco Police Department Officers, DEPAPE provided the following information:

1. DEPAPE stated that he was going to hold Nancy hostage and talk to her. If Nancy were to tell DEPAPE the “truth,” he would let her go, and if she “lied,” he was going to break “her kneecaps.” DEPAPE was certain that Nancy would not have told the “truth.” In the course of the interview, DEPAPE articulated he viewed Nancy as the “leader of the pack” of lies told by the Democratic Party. DEPAPE also later explained that by breaking Nancy’s kneecaps, she would then have to be wheeled into Congress, which would show other Members of Congress there were consequences to actions. DEPAPE also explained generally that he wanted to use Nancy to lure another individual to DEPAPE.
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.