Elon Musk posts, then deletes conspiracy theory that Nancy Pelosi's husband was fighting with gay prostitute

Originally published at: Elon Musk posts, then deletes conspiracy theory that Nancy Pelosi's husband was fighting with gay prostitute | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

41 Likes

Imagine being a tree, out in a forest quietly giving off oxygen. Then one day you find out that your oxygen has been going to this pedo guy. What can you do except pray for a lumberjack?

25 Likes

The advertisers must now be extra confident in the new owner’s promise to them that he won’t let Twitter become a “free-for-all hellscape, where anything can be said without consequences.” As it turns out, the way to avoid consequences for something you say is to pretend you never said it.

von Clownstick will feel right at home when Musk lifts his ban.

33 Likes

Paedo Guy is an evil sack of shit.

21 Likes

the real fun starts when China starts leaning on Musk to censor twitter and holds his tesla business there hostage. it will be loads of fun to see his galaxy brain try to negotiate his tesla interests vs his love of right wing adoration. I’m pretty sure I know what he’s going to pick.

the saddest part is I already know his wing nut fans will find a way to rationalize it

34 Likes

I guess all I can do is continue ignoring Twitter. I have an account; I just won’t be visiting anymore.

8 Likes

Every accusation is a confession.

RIP
my account
2007 - 2022

13 Likes
37 Likes

I’m not at all surprised that Elon would seize the chance to play edgelord about it; but I’m a bit more puzzled about what purpose this particular conspiracy nonsense serves:

Is there some segment that is pleased by the fruits of political violence; but still too squeamish to enjoy the process? Is it the same thin veneer of blinkered denial behind the “actually antifa did whatever your lying eyes saw fascist thug squads doing” school of conspiracy nonsense?

9 Likes

The incentives of media and MAGA are in close alignment

This does seem to be the rather perverse case.

But I don’t get it. When GQP/MAGA takes over (as per the NYT article) and the US looks like Putin’s Russia, why do the media think they will still even exist? Most will be banned, closed down, prosecuted, or just plain harassed into closure. Journalists and media employees will be out of work.

Only those loyal to the regime and in its good books will be allowed to ‘report’ on anything and their ‘reports’ will be dictated to them.

The point of a free press/diverse media, is that it IS free and diverse. Why would people whose interests lie in that direction be aligned with those whose clear intent is to limit that freedom and restrict that diversity?

19 Likes

Complacency, naivete, inertia, self-preservation, trust in the “free” market as a saviour. As I noted elsewhere:

Whether the bungling GOP leadership and American political culture are equipped to turn that blueprint into reality is a separate question. But we already have a propaganda organ here that not only serves American fascism but also sets the coverage priorities and tone for competing outlets – not because Faux is the equivalent of Russian state TV but because (supposedly) liberal CNN aren’t responding with the urgency required.

14 Likes

14 Likes

Yeah - the usual face-eating leopard syndrome.

“They won’t eat our faces because they need us, to pursue their face-eating programme”

Hint - they will, and they don’t.

11 Likes

An important tactic in building fascism is undermining established institutions, facts, and critical thinking to build a world where nothing is real or true unless it comes directly from the official channel. That it’s nonsense is its purpose. The more outlandish and obviously untrue the lies, the more effective they are.

19 Likes

Musk: “Don’t worry, advertisers, Twitter will still be a place you want to pay to advertise on.”

Also Musk: “Paul Pelosi was in a fight with a gay prostitute.”

10 Likes

Mush just announced that “verified accounts” will pay $20 US a month, he obviously needs the cash. Great idea Mush, you’re doing awesome :clap:

As well, make sure you get all those Nazis to pay up front, they’re known to dodge their financial responsibilities…

15 Likes

Y’all, I’m starting to think Musk never was a super-genius. More and more, he just reminds me of Don Jr. with maybe a bit less cocaine in his system.

18 Likes
19 Likes

The cool tech-bro thing is microdosing LSD.

13 Likes