NASA image from 1973 reveals alien structure inside lunar crater.... or not

Originally published at: NASA image from 1973 reveals alien structure inside lunar crater…. or not | Boing Boing

2 Likes

The waste matter of a cow’s husband, recycled.

13 Likes

I had no idea you wrote cryptic crossword clues.
How many letters is that?

12 Likes

In the 90s the Weekly World News had a cover story about a German scientist who saw the face of Pee-Wee Herman on the surface of the Moon.

That story is more believable than this.

9 Likes

12 Likes

135 so far. we keep sending cease and desists but fgd doesn’t stop :wink:

7 Likes

I am slow enough to just now realise it is 8 letters…

9 Likes

admittedly, i’m not there yet.

:snail:

^this is a picture of my final form

3 Likes

It is Bullshit.

5 Likes

7 Likes

The one in 2001 is a monolith. The one in Scott C. Waring’s presentation is a moronolith.

14 Likes

, again.

5 Likes

I’m gonna go with “not”.

What do you think?

3 Likes

It’s probably just graffiti.

13 Likes

cad5274dca869ef9e0bab777394329cb

Oh yeah, this is just early artifacting from image-enhancing technology of the time. Our telescopes were not powerful enough to fake lunar orbital photos, so we had to make do with some intelligent interpolation algorithms, the artifacts from the rendering process you can now see with a little image manipulation in Photoshop. Less people to hush if you don’t involve human airbrushers.

Isn’t technology awesome? Too bad we lost it all when our funding dramatically shrunk. Make sure you think before you vote!

6 Likes

I think I need this poster.
I think it would look really good next to one Demotivator poster.

In case I end up working in a cubicle at a job I hate, for a while.

3 Likes

The “Every dead body on Mount Everest1) started out as a highly motivated mountaineer!” one?

1) Sagarmāthā

4 Likes

Related:

Yes, you can watch those. Paul nicely debunks all the bonkers theories and tries to find explanations for how they may have originated.

4 Likes

Common Sense Monkey GIF by Travis

:question:

8 Likes

7 Likes