NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover Views Spectacular Layered Rock Formations of “Murray Buttes”

Any talk of Curiosity gets me thinking about Opportunity as well (the Spirit rover lost contact back in 2011).

Sure enough, plucky Opportunity is still exploring and doing science on Mars, more than 12 years after its arrival. What a glorious age we live in, that there are multiple Human-made robots roaming around Mars.

4 Likes

And there are more coming!

happy sigh

2 Likes

I was just reading that… :wink:

2 Likes

My mistake; it would be Mark Watney on his way to picking up Pathfinder…

In b4 a splodge of dirt is identified as incontrovertible proof of alien life on mars (WHAT THE SCIENTISTS DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW!!!)

Saw the headline and thought, “Well, I’m sure Mr. Murray will get a chuckle out of his Martian butte.” And deservedly so, Mr. Murray. Deservedly so.

1 Like

Nice pics!
After four years, it looks like Curiosity is finally learning about how to compose a shot.

I’ll take at least partial credit for that, since I emailed Curiosity a PDF of “Photography for Preprogrammed Machines.”

5 Likes

Now if we could just talk Sir Mix-a-lot into doing a parody version of his classic song, we’d be all set.

2 Likes

So far I’ve spotted no fewer than 12 humanoid faces and figures.
More amazing proof of ancient civilizations on Mars: Notice how the names of Martian landforms are similar to many on Earth. Does NASA expect us to believe that’s coincidence?

2 Likes

Is the Wet Mars theory starting to lose ground?

how so?

Murray sure does know alot about buttes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.