National Waffle Day 2019

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/24/national-waffle-day-2019.html

3 Likes

I’m a little freaked out. I just fed my kids waffles then sat down to check my RSS and this was at the top of the list. They haven’t had waffle for weeks. Um, are you watching me?

3 Likes

Reminds me a bit of this old gem.

4 Likes

I am not sure if I should celebrate or not

4 Likes

snow-fairy-sugar-waffo

7 Likes

7 Likes

Surprised I’m the one that gets to post this:

6 Likes

Eleven approves.

11 Likes

Smithsonian Mag had a story this week, the modern waffle iron was patented in 1869 on Aug 24, so this is the 150th anniversary. So at least Waffle Day has some historical basis.

Of c ourse, electric wafle irons came later.

Lately I’ve had a craving for Belgian Waffles, though I don’t think I’ve had those since Expo 67. I can’t even remember how different they tasted, I just remember them coated in powdered sugar, which may have been the nivelty.

My sister was talking about bringing me some waffles, but nothing came today. I haven’t had them in at least a year, and last had pancakes in June.

4 Likes

And I woke up thinking about making waffles (absolutely swear on my mother’s ashes) but didn’t!!! I missed it.

1 Like

Everyday is Waffle day, really…

4 Likes

The best waffle animation!

Fixed link

1 Like

So suit up!

1 Like

It might be nice to have a food that is nicer to celebrate than a sugars and starch thing

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Have you tried this? Any good? How about with not so healthy toppings?

1 Like

There’s WAFFLE in 'em!

1 Like