Navel lint conclusively explained

Originally published at: Navel lint conclusively explained | Boing Boing

4 Likes

if these scientist are finish navel gazing, they should turn their attention to the other torso conundrum, nipple gremlins.

6 Likes

Well that certainly explains why I’m so good at consistently producing these little pea-sized fluffballs on a daily basis.

I’ll also add that wearing cotton undershirts seems to contribute. I’m much more likely to have lint after a workday when I’m wearing an undershirt. Weekends with more casual loose-fitting shirts don’t produce as much.

And if any of you guys want to reply with some kind of “TMI!” response, save it. You knew exactly what you were getting into when choosing to read a discussion thread on this topic.

12 Likes

I am not bothered by it at all. Just a very glad that you are being safe and disposing of it daily.

2 Likes

First dryer lint and now bellybutton lint?

I get it’s a slow news day, but do we really need two fluff pieces?

12 Likes

Army lint is worse.

Dr Karl is a treasure.

2 Likes

I found a handy chart to help them:

8 Likes

Should we really be promoting the Navel Gaze? I mean we’re treating those ships like objects

5 Likes

You’re probably right. I blame Will Ferrell for shaping my perspective on ships when I was impressionable.

I wish that I could find a better copy of that clip. In any case, I need to grow beyond my dated 1990’s outlook towards navies.

2 Likes

It is,of course, the case that the best naval reviews took place at Spithead.

How the spit gets from the head to the navel remains a mystery.

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 20.06.37

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that when you’re in the Navy and you can’t get to the side of the boat to spit, you are supposed to do it in the bathroom, or “head.” Thus, Spithead.

1 Like

Ah - that probably explains bell-bottoms.

1 Like

Seamen can often be found in something navel.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.