Nazi arrested for taping razor blades to Salvation Army church handrail

I’m more than a little surprised at his target given the large degree of congruence between Nazi and Salvation Army ideologies.

7 Likes

I so agree. I was wondering what the motives were considering the Salvation Army’s track record on LGBTQ issues, especially trans issues is pretty awful.

9 Likes

Indicates a certain lack of commitment on his part, doncha think?

8 Likes

I think I saw him in one of those diner interviews.

5 Likes

Youngstown?
NPR just loooves the roundtable interviews with those “economically anxious” fucking redneck assholes because they are sooo 'murcan and misunderstood.
puh-leeze! :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Not just NPR. The entire media loves that shit. Why don’t they ever interview someone working instead of bozos sitting on their can in some midwest diner?

4 Likes

This is exactly why I stopped listening to NPR back in 2016, when it became clear that they were bothsidesing the election. Changed to WFMU for my radio fix and never looked back. Haven’t felt the least bit news-deprived since.

7 Likes
13 Likes

Perhaps what you saw was constructed by one of them there “Cognitive Dissidents” I keep hearing about.

3 Likes

And you just know he votes a straight Republican ticket, or at least he used to. With any luck his voting days are over.

3 Likes

Yeah, appearance-based mockery is always either ableist, fat-phobic, or gender-essentialist in some way. And in cases like this, where the target of the insult will never, ever hear the insult, pretty much the only people you’ll actually harm with that language are innocent people in the crossfire.

This guy shouldn’t be mocked for how his eyes look or the depth of his chin. He should be mocked for being a fascist bootlicker who takes delight in harming others.

9 Likes

Don’t worry, he’ll get that during his upcoming prison sentence.

And from the article:

BROWER was shirtless during the incident and identified by a large red swastika tattoo on his chest.

It’s easy to mock his appearance, but I think this is all the proof you need that claims about the intellectual superiority of the so-called Master Race might be just a teensy bit exaggerated.

What’s his beef with the Sally Army anyway? I’d have thought that a card-carrying member of the United Hates of America ought to be down with their anti-gay stance and muscular Christianity. Or does he just think that Odin wouldn’t like them giving food to homeless people?

6 Likes

Okay, but you shouldn’t ignore the actual point of the comics panel/meme about a chinless Nazi – it’s NOT to mock those with shallow/absent chins.

It’s instead pointing out that Nazi claims to genetic superiority include claims of superior (and conventional) attractiveness, while including in their own ranks many who look very different, and by their own standards, “ugly.” It’s the claim of genetic superiority that’s being mocked, not anyone’s appearance itself.

14 Likes

Exactly. It’s pointing out the irony inherent in people who look like this perp idolising impossible physical specimens like the one depicted here on the right:

Similar mockery was rightly aimed at Hitler, Goebbels, and (the also chinless) Himmler during WWII. Anyone pushing this genetic superiority/Aryan ubermensch nonsense deserves to be interrogated on the terms of their own foolishness, even if (and especially because) we don’t accept it.

13 Likes

But to make that argument, you have to accept at face value the fascist concept of genetic superiority in the first place. It’s still saying “isn’t it ironic that you claim genetic superiority while clearly you (and people like you) are genetically deficient, lol?”

If it were solely the claim of superiority being mocked, there would be no need to bring appearance into it. If it were the hypocrisy of their own belief system being mocked, then that would be acknowledged somewhere, but it isn’t - either in the comic panel, or in the comments of posters mocking this asshole’s appearance.

And in any case, even if it’s a matter of best intentions thoughtlessly worded, impact is more important than intention every time. This asshole will never see the ableist insults slung at his appearance, but plenty of community members (including folks with similar faces) will.

3 Likes

No, you don’t. They’re clearly pricks.
But keep digging.

12 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re intentionally missing my point or if you really just don’t get it.

11 Likes

*SIGHS

You know who I don’t ever care about offending? People who would happily see me dead or in chains, like fucking Nazis.

If pointing out that evil fascists don’t ever seem to measure up to their own standards somehow makes me the bad guy in your book, then so be it.

You go on and decide that I’m an ableist, if that suits the villainous narrative of me that you seem to have in your head.

13 Likes

Photos, Name and shame, baby. At least get some internet points with the pic.

See also:

(Same point made therein)

7 Likes