Nazi who originated Donald Trump Jr.’s Skittles metaphor was hanged at Nuremberg

I don’t have much to add to this thread, other than to say that Mars Inc, the parent company of Skittles, had an excellent reply to that really stupid and insensitive analogy:

Good for them.

25 Likes

See, that’s the thing though. The Trumplet said “skittles”, not “Skittles®”. Totally different!

… and as an aside, that was a super classy response about this whole shit show.

… and as another aside, this is now the top Google result for “Skittles” for me:
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/21/494854951/donald-trump-jr-used-skittles-photo-without-permission-from-former-refugee

2 Likes

Oh, jeez.

Not only are these assholes unapologetically bigoted, and they appropriated an artist’s work without permission yet again, but the artist in question just happens to be a refugee himself?

4 Likes

Luckily, Trump has a genius solution for the Syrian refugee crisis:

Jesus H. Christ on a Pogo Stick. I wish this was some sort of satire but he actually said this at a campaign stop.

When later asked who would pay for this, he said, the Gulf states (of course):

He sure loves coming up with grand ideas and proposing everybody else pay for them.

9 Likes

Where’s that obligatory “Onion headline writer throwing their computer on the floor” gif?

4 Likes

IDK where the usual one is, but this one will suffice:

7 Likes

I know, right? Having to learn another language or living somewhere that’s cold all seem like highly preferable to living in the middle of a fucking civil war.

Then again, I believe that Trump probably thinks that asylum seekers do it for kicks, which is disgusting. Growing up in the 1980s I remember in my neighborhood there were several families and schools hosting Vietnamese refugees that were trying to get on their feet. I didn’t interact with them very much (especially since as a kid I didn’t really understand what was going on) but I can say they definitely did not appear to be having the time of their lives.

9 Likes

So, like, bowling?

2 Likes

Best Facebook response I’ve seen yet:

“If I gave you a bowl of skittles and three of them were poison would you still eat them?”

“Are the other skittles human lives?”

“What?”

“Like. Is there a good chance. A really good chance. I would be saving someone from a war zone and probably their life if I ate a skittle?”

“Well sure. But the point-”

“I would eat the skittles.”

“Ok-well the point is-”

"I would GORGE myself on skittles. I would eat every single fucking skittle I could find. I would STUFF myself with skittles. And when I found the poison skittle and died I would make sure to leave behind a legacy of children and of friends who also ate skittle after skittle until there were no skittles to be eaten. And each person who found the poison skittle we would weep for. We would weep for their loss, for their sacrifice, and for the fact that they did not let themselves succumb to fear but made the world a better place by eating skittles.

Because your REAL question…the one you hid behind a shitty little inaccurate, insensitive, dehumanizing racist little candy metaphor is, IS MY LIFE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF MEN, WOMEN, AND TERRIFIED CHILDREN…

… and what kind of monster would think the answer to that question… is yes?"

37 Likes

10 Likes

That was brilliant.

20 Likes

It equates Muslims with skittles. Yes, It does. Further, it objectifies Muslims. Skittles do not have free will, do they? Their fate is determined by the consumer/drone operator.

5 Likes

The brown M&M’s clause in Van Halen performance contracts allegedly served a function. Eddie put in a ton of stuff to be followed as safety measures for the stage crew that was out of the ordinary. If he saw brown M&Ms he knew the people at the given venue had not read the contract completely and were not following the instructions he gave.

That being said, fuck you Donald Trump Jr… Just on principle.

6 Likes

… and of course, John Oliver on addresses the refugee crisis along with addressing the untruths behind the “Skittles analogy” (although this time it was Mike Huckabee making the comparison but it was the same damn “one of them will kill you” argument):

2 Likes

I learned Sutterlin as a child, and not very many people can still read or legibly write it.

This implies there once people that were?

It was the norm in German speaking countries before the war.

1 Like

What? The Schrodinger’s Rapist essay explains why women have to be more careful around men until they know them well enough. It doesn’t say women treat men with less courtesy or “less well” then they deserve.

Men don’t DESERVE to be treated any particular way at all by women.

The essay is simply a courtesy to men, so that they can understand what’s going on.

9 Likes

Holy shit! I am going to copy this on other boards.

1 Like

I wish I could take credit for this joke.

The three Skittles:

8 Likes