NBC to go ahead with Alex Jones interview

I’m way more upset that NBC has given Megan Kelly a national forum, than I am that she is interviewing well known lying assholes.

4 Likes

And not find anything of interest, let’s not forget that part. Geraldo is a scumbag. We’ll see about Kelly.

It seems like that space is mostly filled with tumbleweed these days.

Maybe she could put Jones into the safe?

5 Likes

We are all bottoms in this relationship.

4 Likes

The basement or the bathroom?

1 Like

The basement, an interview with the staff.

Start digging Jonesey!

1 Like

Regardless of the politics involved, I find it strange that the media covers the media, and covering how competing media outlets cover a story seems to be more important than the story itself. We’re so doomed.

3 Likes

Certainly the public should know what kind of poisonous insanity has Turmp’s ear. But you do that by showing them what Jones has already said, not by letting him introduce himself to a mainstream audience in his own words. Even if it were Walter Cronkite doing the interview, I’d find this choice of format troubling – it’s like a criminal trial that skips directly to the closing argument for the defence.

6 Likes

I hate to break it to you, but yes, sometimes, violence is the solution. Not always, generally not primarily, but yes, sometimes it is. Most of us can’t afford to live in a utopia of perfect reason and logic, especially when it comes to calls for a national ethnic cleansing.

25 Likes

Um. Yeah. Kind of my point.

1 Like

NBC to go ahead with Alex Jones interview

I read that headline and my immediate first thought was: Megan Kelly; who else?

4 Likes

None of this surprises me coming from NBC. They have shown that nothing matters beyond ratings and that they’re willing to do anything to get them. Other sweet examples:

2014 Winter Olympics interview of Bode Miller [paraphrased]: “How do you feel given the fact that your recently dead brother isn’t here to see you win?” People go batshit crazy and NBC brass stand behind the interview.

9/11 Memorial Remembrance Moment of Silence: (according to an adWeek blurb) “The only national general news program to not carry the moment of silence was NBC’s ‘Today,” which, in an odd bit of counter-programming, opted to air an interview with “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star Kris Jenner, who talked about the new season of the reality show, and her breast implants.” NBC stands behind the choice saying it had already given enough coverage to 9/11.

Those two are just off the top of my head. NBC can stuff it.

3 Likes

And you’re the arbiter of violence? Clearly that was the answer here, because there were so many lives at stake and there was an imminent threat. Or is speech only free when you decide it is? Great things to teach your students.

Go ahead and flag my post. Funny how free speech only works when you agree with what people say. For the record, I don’t support the asshat. But he can say whatever he wants and expect to not get beaten for it.

Spencer is a prime advocate of violence. Fascist always are. He’s welcome to say what he wants, and we’re welcome to remind him that his views and ideas are not wanted or needed.

22 Likes

I’m not a professional, but that looks like mania to me.

2 Likes

The tree of liberty requires regular watering, No revolution can succeed without guns, etc.
Why do so many hide from this truth? It will always find them, one way or another.

Yes. Which is why they hired an unethical slimeball like Kelly in the first place.

The corporate media is not your friend.

9 Likes

When westboro spouts hate it exposes them as hateful. In order to do that you have to let them spout the hate, listen, and then say “damn that was stupid and hateful.” Same is true of the kkk. This interviews has the potential to expose the nonsense this idiot spouts, I for one wasn’t at all familiar with his brand of idiocy, but it also has the potential to further his agenda. I don’t know what her motives are but she’ll either soft ball it and expose herself as a shill, or she expose him and show her motives are true.

Either way I’m ok with I’ll judge him and her both but I’ll do it after I see the evidence. Not before.

Or just buy one of these.

2 Likes

One can interview hitler. In fact it’s important to publicly display the hitlers. But one must not allow the hitler to either dominate the interview, (by permitting long uninterrupted screeds), nor fail to challenge them with critical questions and allow those questions not to be properly answered. Being a journalist isn’t easy, and there are far too many false ones, like this, which are popularly promoted by notably bad news producers.

5 Likes