Nearly 1,500 pounds of cocaine found hidden in baby wipes

Originally published at: Nearly 1,500 pounds of cocaine found hidden in baby wipes | Boing Boing

5 Likes

15 Likes

“US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) dogs sniffed out 1,500 pounds of cocaine on a tractor-trailer crossing the Laredo-Colombia Solidarty Bridge between Laredo, Texas and the Mexican state of Nuevo León. Valued at more than $11.8 million…”

The “War on Drugs” cost billions; and yet the street price continues to fall. :person_shrugging:

15 Likes

cocaine GIF

5 Likes

Over a trillion at this point in time.

5 Likes

And we pay every day in murdered POC, incarcerated POC and over-policing of communities where red-lining has forced so many POC to live.

Cocaine was never even a little appealing to me (hard rule: never touch anything that can addict or kill on the first try), but obviously someone out there must still want the late '80’s favorite drug. :thinking:

9 Likes

Extremely proud of our @CBP employees for keeping our communities safe.

Excuse me?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

11 Likes

The post lifted an image from NPR but didn’t link to their story: https://www.npr.org/2022/08/30/1120126091/baby-wipes-cocaine-discovery-us-mexico-border
Drug-sniffing dogs made the discovery.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Except the 2 trucks 15 minutes behind it brought in 3 times that amount. Sigh.
Hopefully the dogs got burgers as a reward for making their handlers look good.

6 Likes

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

13 Likes

You mean 1400 pounds of cocaine was found in baby wipes.

3 Likes

This is the key thing that nobody ever mentions in this kind of story. People assume a big bust like this must be taking a big bite out of the traffic. In fact, what it means is that big shipments like this are typical and dozens get through for every one caught.

BC just decriminalized all drugs. Come join us! The water is nice. Have your taxes pay for healthcare instead of murdering Black and brown people in the name of “war on [whatever]”

8 Likes

I’m hoping this changes things in the DTES along with getting some kind of real housing for the people camping along the East Hastings sidewalk. I’m afraid to walk down there alone anymore; I worked in the area 25-30 years ago without worry but it’s a dystopia now.

1 Like

Well, good thing we can edit genes now, or maybe we’d run out of receptors to exploit. [Considers making fun of white receptors. But maybe there’s a different profile to needier OB-GYN users.]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.