Nearly forgotten pundit makes fun of Tim Walz's son

You are short quite a few viles. They are cruel and repulsive. And they never stop proving it.

7 Likes

I don’t have enough likes to give for that comment.

4 Likes

The cruelty is the point, partly to stomp out nonconformity. Also…

harry potter GIF

7 Likes

32 Likes

I mean, judging by the relationship that all of their greatest heroes have with their fathers, it doesn’t surprise me that they find it totally discombobulating to see a son proud of his father and happy in his presence. Don’t worry Anne! It’s okay to be anxious when you see something unfamiliar! But don’t take it out on others.

10 Likes

I watched Walz’s speech, and the love brought me to tears. I was a little weepy when he said they named their daughter Hope, and I’ve heard him say that before. But when Gus started crying, I was just waterworks.

I had a massive fight with my Dad at 19 where I accused him of not loving me because he had never said it. I got 9 more years with him alive, and he never let me leave from a visit without telling me he loved me. Watching a grown man get emotional talking about loving his kids always makes me emotional, too.

29 Likes

The r/facepalm subreddit is filled with screen grabs of “hot takes” from rightoids saying dumb shit about Gus Walz and how Barron Trump is some sort of gigachad by comparison.

It’s just gross how these people are denigrating a young person overwhelmed with emotion and happiness.

They are probably just jealous and wish they had some joy and happiness in their empty hate filled lives.

24 Likes

I thought she was dead. Damn it!

24 Likes

Well, if you are speaking of her heart, her soul, her humanity…

29 Likes

…her relevance.

20 Likes

Calling them deplorables was an admonishment not a challenge to embody the word

16 Likes

Once again: Trying to dehumanize others is just another tell, another example of projection, and what it’s showing is how dead and dehumanized these people have made themselves. Screeds against empathy, calling refugees animals, laughing at others’ grief, mocking the disabled; they don’t seem to notice how repulsively all this reflects on THEM. Their words don’t actually make anyone else less human, they just indicate how much of their own interior is dead.

15 Likes

… or her 15 minutes of fame

12 Likes

I think they think you are supposed to resent your dad and scheme and plot until you are man enough to depose him and take his place and power.

Don’t think about your mam in this story of theirs.

Fucking weirdos.

13 Likes

I’m sure they feel that that way lies MADNESS! Freakin’ weirdos.

8 Likes

Given how the Theban plays are about (to me) rigid belief systems interacting (state, religion) and the illogical inconsistencies that arise and the tragic outcomes of such rigidity….

Actually I think right wingers should read the Theban plays.

8 Likes

That’s been my response to this. They consider this little murderer a hero, but a kid who loves his dad is “weird”. I didn’t know Gus was neurodivergent when I first saw this (don’t care now), all I knew was that it brought me to tears to see a young man so proud of his Dad. I hope Gus, Hope and his Mom and Dad find their homes in the VP residence soon.

13 Likes
10 Likes

Shouldn’t she be out in a field somewhere with a stick up her ass, frightening away crows?

6 Likes

Does she have a cat?

6 Likes