Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts: 'If you legalize marijuana, you're gonna kill your kids'

Coming up on half a century here. I must be doing something wrong, but I can’t figure out what it is. I’d get right on it, but this giant bag of ketchup crisps still has some dust in the bottom of the bag and it needs my attention!

12 Likes

This whole thread is why I love this place.

14 Likes

If you’re lucky, Jack Palance the local drug pusher will kill your kids for you.

5 Likes

If you legalize marijuana, you’re gonna ignore your kids.

Unless, of course, they be carrying big bowls of snacks and munchies when they become like, your bestest friend forever and ever, no backsies. God, you’re so…zzz

7 Likes

sorry kids, dad’s gonna smoke.

Goodbye GIF

4 Likes

Assume he’s getting right on banning cigarettes, alcohol, and running with scissors right?

7 Likes

But how do you choose which sixty? Like, is there a lottery?

4 Likes

Every damn day after 60 is a lottery, let me tell ya.

22 Likes

…and pharmaceuticals.

5 Likes

Dude is clearly not a coder; his IF block lacks an ELSE statement.

2 Likes

Heart attack, as a result of the shock of their elders doing something so sensible.

1 Like
11 Likes

Same group came to ND a few years back, bringing a lot of out-of-state money. Most of it went to a glossy direct-mail campaign - I still have the copy that landed in my mailbox somewhere. I won’t say they killed Measure 3 single-handedly, but their misinformation was definitely a factor. Ever since I have referred to the group as “the so-called Smart Approaches to Marijuana”.

Thanks for filling in some backstory.

Also: if they call it “marijuana”, they’re generally anti-legalization. Folks in favor mostly say “cannabis”.

5 Likes

She’ll say, “You farking idiot, how did you kill yourself with weed?!?!? What did you do, inject it?!??!!”

4 Likes

There are rumors of someone who looks a lot like me eating some shrooms that were a LOT stronger than the last batch and then trying to communicate with others. Rumor has it that this person said some really silly things and frequently intoned “Rather” with a very British “raw-thuh” and then giggled and then he went to sleep and was fine the next morning. The alleged person never allegedly said he was a train or a chair, but allegedly believed he was everything all at once so maybe that did happen. This person would not have wanted to have a conversation with police officers at any point in their sojourn.

9 Likes

Aaw, that was me.

Wait

are you me

7 Likes

I haven’t heard it lately, but remember the old folktale about marijuana being a “gateway drug?”
Ah, good times.

Also:

I love his take on it. And tangentially, if we are going to make a plant illegal, I vote for poison ivy. Fuck that shit.

19 Likes

I’m not even sure

3 Likes

“Now I have to create republicans…”
“and god wept”

9 Likes

Oh, man. I have overdosed on the marijuana.

No, seriously–in the sense that I have taken a dose high enough to make me sick. My wife made edibles; she thought they’d be weak so she suggested I take two and well that turned out to be a mistake.

When they hit, they hit hard. I remember trying to urinate and having trouble standing up. At some point it occurred to me that I could sit down, but then I had to throw up (which was a first). Afterwards I laid down in bed with my Kindle and fell asleep.

Felt great the next day, though. This guy’s an idiot.

(My wife was a bit embarrassed, but I was the one who actually took two of them).

13 Likes