Neighbor accused of stealing skeleton in window with middle finger raised offensively

No lie.
"It was like the last straw that broke the camel’s back, and I don’t know what to do.”

Walk away? Work on not letting it bother you since it’s not actually causing you harm, you are? Find a good therapist trained in ACT and practice your coping skills?

3 Likes

Jeeze. Just move to Austin. Maybe your skeleton will become famous, assuming anyone even notices.

That’s all good advice. I’d just remind everyone here that living in poverty in exhausting and stressful, and it’s a reasonable assumption, based on NM economy in that area and the street view shared up thread, that the woman in question is living with these stresses and exhaustion.

2 Likes

I live in poverty and with a disability. It’s not an excuse for anyone.

2 Likes

I don’t mean to make excuses. And I’m sorry you face these challenges, but glad that you have the resiliency to face them. I just mean to remind us all that we can’t always use our own selves as the ruler for measuring others’ actions.

1 Like

What makes you assume my resiliency? You don’t know my life, either…the bottom line is this: no matter what our challenges are, we are responsible for our own behavior and managing our emotions, and not owning up to that responsibility is when people get hurt. Or arrested.

I guess because you have the agency to state that you don’t see poverty or disability as an excuse for antisocial behavior.
I grew up and lived in poverty most of my life and pulled myself out of it without using social services. By your philosophy, I could say there’s no excuse for others not to do the same. I know that’s not true. There are lots of extenuating circumstances that shape our realities.
I didn’t mean to offend you, or make excuses. I meant to be a gentle reminder of and advocate for empathy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.