Nemo has passed away

So sorry for your loss. At least he got to spend his last hours with his family, and it sounds like he didn’t suffer.

10 Likes

So sorry to hear, I always enjoyed reading about Nemo. My own dog loves nothing more than to eat random items off the sidewalk and my wife and I joke that he’s a hipster because he’s so into street food, but truth be told, what happened to Nemo is one of our greatest fears. I’m sorry you had to experience the worst.

11 Likes

That’s s tough loss. Gone way too soon. Condolences.

9 Likes

My heart goes out to you Jason. I’m read your many mentions of Nemo and taken a few tips for chews and activities for big dogs on rainy days. Take heart, Nemo was loved and admired by many and his memories will live with us forever. Like the shooting stars we’ll see tonight, our doggos pass through our lives briefly but light our darkness with magnificence. RIP Nemo.

13 Likes

OMG I get it. There is no time when you can say it was time. I lost a special friend named Spike - a Chihuahua - at the age of 18. I still miss him after 3 years and my days are darker and colder. Losing your best friend leaves a dog-shaped hole in your heart.

13 Likes

What a sad day. Pretty much the unofficial animal mascot of BoingBoing.

11 Likes

I am sorry.
It hurts.

Rest in peace, Nemo.
You added to our lives.
Thanks for coming to be with us.

14 Likes

Echoing everyone else here… I’m so sorry, Jason. I’m sure you miss him, and will miss him, a lot.

8 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about you losing one of your best friends, Nemo. I’ve lost a few dogs over the years and honestly it always hard… i do hope you at least focus on the fact that you gave Nemo a really happy life and that he in turn brought as much joy into yours. He will be missed.

10 Likes

We lost our family dog maybe 6 years ago, he had cancer and his health deteriorated extremely fast. My mom was the only one in the family there for him when he was put down, i was on an airplane on my way home and couldn’t make it in time and to this day i still miss the hell out of that dog. I am thankful that my current cat made it into my life after that, without him i think i would’ve been much lonelier.

13 Likes

You’ve just experienced the greatest flaw that dogs have. That they don’t live very long, and leave us too soon.
I’ve had quite a few dogs in my life and I miss all of them that are gone. I have two living with me now, a terrier mix and a German Shepherd Mastiff mix.

13 Likes

How terrible and sad. All our condolences from The House of Fluff. Nemo was definitely a Good Boy and you always did right by him.

14 Likes

Hugs and love.

RIP Nemo.

11 Likes

In tears thinking about the loss you must be feeling. When it comes time to serve doggy dinner or go for walks, things will seem strangely quiet for a while, as you remake those daily rituals without him. But you’ll always remember your big white fluffy doggo and the good times you had.

12 Likes

Here’s to Nemo: a mighty fine dog!!!

Long live Nemo in your hearts and memories!!!

13 Likes

Many, many, many sympathies. I think Nemo was very glad you gave him a good home and happy memories.

9 Likes

Condolences.

There’s not really anything anyone can say here that will really make the pain and loss go away, but you know that.

10 Likes

Oh man, I’m so sorry to hear this. Even though I live with 3 cats, I loved all your big doggo posts.
I’ve said final goodbyes to 4 fur kids in my life and can report that every day gets a little less sadder.

I also take a lot of stock in the belief that if any of those fur bags actually knew how sad I was they would definitely tell me to get the fuck over myself and concentrate on all the great times we had. Maybe that can be a comfort to you, too.

9 Likes

Lots of love to you and your family. You were always so good to Nemo, and we Boingers saw that. You gave Nemo a very good life, and that fact will last forever.

12 Likes

I’m SO SO sorry. I have to disagree with you though. Nemo will continue opening doors for you. That’s what good friends do. Thank you for sharing him with us.

9 Likes