Never mind Cocaine Bear, this is a real cocaine cat

Originally published at: Never mind Cocaine Bear, this is a real cocaine cat | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I always thought it was kind of odd that cats are the only domesticated pets that it is socially acceptable to provide recreational drugs for. Getting your kitty high on catnip is good clean fun, but teach your dog to shoot up heroin and suddenly you’re some kind of monster.

28 Likes

al pacino cat GIF

23 Likes

Does the fact that initial response to a cerval in Ohio includes checking it for cocaine indicate that animal control knows something we don’t about the behavior of the average exotic animal enthusiast; or are they close enough to cops on the org chart for behavioral contagion to be a factor?

14 Likes

For some reason, Cincinnati Animal Care decided to test the animal for narcotics

I like to imagine there’s a good story behind the reasoning

12 Likes

We have Cocaine Bear and Cocaine Cat, but what about Cocaine Ducks?

6 Likes

I’m just holding out for fentanyl crocodile.

15 Likes

That’s why you teach them to lick frogs. Plausible deniability

/s

13 Likes

The cat’s insistence that it had to get back to work before the opening bell on Wall Street made them suspicious.

13 Likes

Dog Wardens of Hamilton County

I finally found the name of my band!!!

15 Likes

Hey, everybody’s doin’ it these days.

Also in the old days. . .

1 Like

Based solely on the exotic animal enthusiasts I’ve known, I’d guess the first…

3 Likes

Honestly, how can you tell?

8 Likes

Huh. I just finished sprinkling out a packet at different places around the house about half an hour ago. The boys tore around like the wild-eyed maniacs they are even before the catnip, only even more so, while their slightly older, disdainful princesses of the house glared down at them from a window ledge and declined to participate. (Once they had raced off into another room for a roll in a different pile she came down and had her own snorts, but she wasn’t about to do it while they were looking!)

Alternating kicking and biting, with washing each others’ ears and cuddling.

11 Likes

That’s some decent alliteration…

Also in Florida, those probably exist.

4 Likes

Just pointing out that if it was the cocaine that was found, official statements would never refer to the suspect as “the cocaine’s owner”. Despite that people owning drugs is reasonable behavior, while there is no reason that anyone should possess a serval in their home.

2 Likes

It is never your cocaine, it is always a cocaine.

1 Like

It just struck me, if some people like coffee filtered through a civet, does this story mean there’s folks out there snorting their coke through a serval? Is there an entire, untapped market of passing one’s uppers through various felines? Was the tiger king really just looking for a new way to administer amphetamine?

3 Likes

Surveillance video from the suspect’s home:

YARN | Honey, where are my pants? | The Lego Movie (2014) | Video clips by quotes | 47b85eaa | 紗

2 Likes