New ad gaslights Donald Trump like a bad dream, where McConnell is the villain

Originally published at: New ad gaslights Donald Trump like a bad dream, where McConnell is the villain | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I’ma get a lot of mileage out’a this one…

32 Likes

The pathetic thing is that the ad really would get under that deranged narcissist’s skin where most grownups would just laugh it off.

16 Likes

Targeting your advertising is so much easier when it’s for an audience of one.

28 Likes

The escalation of the ASMR taunts are pretty amazing.
And I choked on my breakfast burrito to: “They’re calling you Mitch’s cvck!”

It seems like only a third party like Lincoln can out-Trump Trump like this.
When a normie politician tries it, they fail miserably, getting called out for being imitative or puerile.

6 Likes

I worry that baiting someone who is obviously so unstable, and appears to still have a horde of people itching to do his bidding, is wildly reckless.

11 Likes

No fear, the very fine folks at the Lincoln Project are master baiters!

19 Likes

17 Likes

I’m glad it’s the Repuplicans themselves that are making these creepy ads. It’s also unsettling to see that they’re so good at it.

10 Likes

It’s so uplifting to see a pedo shelter do creepy online bullying against a senile hatemonger. I don’t need to take any showers at all!

7 Likes

I’m not really sure what is going on in the heads of the people who made this. They are obviously trying to turn Trump supporters against McConnell to unseat McConnell. The part I don’t know is whether:

1. They are still living in the same fantasy world they were when they were part of the Republican propaganda apparatus. They think this is a game and not actually dangerous.
  2. They are trying to get McConnell killed.
7 Likes

It’s scary that this exists and is not 1000% satire.

I know it’s modeled on the fox scaremongering,that’s scary too.

2 Likes

The Lincoln Project contains some of the architects of the scaremongering strategy that was adopted by Fox.

What i really worry about is that if this did result in some kind of act of violence against McConnell, that would not result in the GOP seeing the error in their ways in following Trump. People follow authoritarians because they have a basically fear-based worldview. Make them more scared and you make the more authoritarian. If Trump’s followers go after McConnell (even if it wasn’t violent) then that just secures Trump’s hold on the party.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.