New ad starring Kellyanne Conway highlights Trump's creepy relationship with his daughters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/09/new-ad-starring-kellyanne-conw.html

6 Likes

Each of the ads attacking dRumpf like this won’t discourage any of his hard core base from voting for him (those that are still alive by election day) but will certainly peel away those that still have a semi-functioning brain, a few from each ad.

16 Likes

If they do nothing else, I think these kinds of ads at least do the job of reminding viewers how genuinely fucked up the things that Trump does & says are. It’s so easy to get overwhelmed and just sort of accept as a given that the President of the United States is this particular brand of creep, and maybe with these kinds of ads it does something to remind people that this isn’t normal, and decent people should it accept it as such?

23 Likes

I was only thinking this moaning that his family will have betray him

2 Likes

“He’s definitely not a typical father.”

7 Likes

11 Likes

Ugh. Good thing I didn’t have any breakfast to throw up.

13 Likes

All those campaign ads are weird and creepy.
United States* democracy is weird and creepy.

*it’s weird in other countries too, but this is really “US weird”

7 Likes

“Well, I was going to say sex.”
That by itself ought to earn you a jail sentence.

16 Likes

You invite this when you call your opponent creepy. Still, should have been executed with proper context for the Conway comments.

1 Like

Trump is a serious creep on his daughters, and Kellyanne is a lying mummified husk of a shill, but if we have to twist their own words the same way they do ours, its not a good look.

I’d rather leave outright slander to the Lincoln Project people, they came from that swamp so it makes more sense to me that way.

4 Likes

Slander requires false statements of fact. Who has been slandered here?

14 Likes

Fair, but him and Ivanka kill at Karaoke.

edit: this video/song have always creeped me the fuck out.

1 Like

There’s no twisting of words here. This is literally just pointing out that Conway is pushing a double standard while turning a blind eye to her creepy-as-fuck racist rapist daughter-lusting boss’s behavior.

EDITED TO ADD:

Barring something changing, I suspect the Lincoln Project is going to stay away from using Kellyanne in its ads, if only to try to maintain the minuscule shreds of marital harmony that remain between her and her husband.

13 Likes

eeegads!

It’s not so much “twisting” as showing the blatant projection on the part of Trumpers, which is valuable.

I know a number of people who see some of the Lincoln Project ads as “harsh” or “excessive,” but the thing is - even the “harsh” bits are true.

7 Likes

Aaaaand now I’ve got that in my video history.

4 Likes

Curiosity killed the cat; reading the vid title alone was enough to convince me that I don’t want ever that ish in my history…

6 Likes

I meant it more as the general scummy approach conservatives like to take with liberals not as actual slander.

The thought of myself somehow indirectly defending Trump makes me want to vomit, so thanks for that feeling :sweat_smile:

1 Like

4 Likes