Kellyanne Conway's 15-year-old daughter tweets just like her anti-Trump father

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/02/kellyanne-conways-15-year-ol.html

9 Likes

I really wonder about Kellyanne Conway. Her own remarks about trump before taking a job with his campaign matched what her family members have said since. She repeatedly talked about how trump’s whole career was built on his lying and taking advantage of others. She isn’t dumb and she doesn’t make that much at the White House.

this is all I can think of:

30 Likes

Thanksgiving dinners must be super awkward at the Conway home.

24 Likes

It’s all an act. It’s a distraction soap opera.

5 Likes

KC is certainly not dumb - she’s quite media savvy and a master of spin. She’s just a merc that will run her mouth for whoever keeps the paychecks flowing.

12 Likes

Either that or they are like, “Mom’s boss is a shit bag.” and she is like, “You don’t know the half of it.”

Which many of us have had to deal with. My dad’s ex-boss was a giant asshole.

OR

It has to be the most miserable household in America. I’d watch that for a dollar.

11 Likes

Okay, but is she GOP? Because any women who support that party also must either hate themselves or delusionally believe they were ever about “fiscal responsibility” and “personal liberty”.

Haha, it’s funny to mock Trump and all that, but he’s not at all far from the core GOP platform. I hope this privileged young lady understands that.

10 Likes

or not – i can see them all eating in total silence.

4 Likes

This story brings back great memories of the country music icon, Conway Tweety…

5 Likes

Yikes, that TikTok video:expectations met.

I doubt many 15-year-olds think about what party they belong to.

And based on what she writes, she will not identify with the GOP unless she changes her tune a lot. Supporting BLM and calling yourself “leftist” isn’t on the GOP’s current list of accepted activities.

7 Likes

No they certainly don’t, which was my point. Trump is a soft target for mockery but if she’s not also examining the beliefs of her parents with the same critical eye, then this is nothing more than theater.

That said, from what you said about her other posts, that’s not an issue here, so good on her then.

2 Likes

In a politically-active household? You bet they do. By the time I was 15 I was spending looong hours volunteering at the local party HQ and hitting the streets canvassing for candidates, as were my classmates supporting the other party. The school lunchroom arguments were replete with references to competing party ideological foundation.

11 Likes

My 18 year old son lives in a miserable house. Have to say I feel for the Conway’s kids.

4 Likes

Yeah, there are exceptions but my point was more that, she’s 15, don’t fault her for “only being anti-Trump instead of going full anti-GOP” at that age. And indications are she is not in the GOP “tent”

7 Likes

Yes, I agree with that point. (And the GOP of my youth was more…nuanced…than the GOP today. A thoughtful 15-year-old could reasonably be attracted to it. I suppose that’s the GOP that George Conway and his buddies are desperately trying to salvage.)

5 Likes

I think there’s a lot of delusion among GOP supporters. There’s a tendency to believe what is said (fiscal responsibility!) and ignore what is done (give billions to profitable companies run by personal friends).

8 Likes

My experience leads me to think all teenagers are convinced they live in a miserable house, until about age 26 or until married with children. Not so many horrible memories after that…hmmmm.

I was pissed off at Tony Blair for being right wing when I was 15, but I also knew that Paddy Ashdown was the leader of the Liberal Democrats when I was 10 so I might be a bit odd.

5 Likes

True, but most of us weren’t the PR flak for said the giant asshole.

Indeed, I seriously doubt Toadstool would’ve become POTUS without her.

1 Like