New avatar - yes it's me!

I heard that mine and @choglitz 's avatars were a little too similar, so I added this hot pink background to make us more differenter.

8 Likes

Hipsters. Why not be happy with who you are?

3 Likes

She already put a bird on it.

Cho Glitz? Isnā€™t it Chicago Liz?

@chgoliz

6 Likes

branding!

4 Likes

Iā€™m glad you didnā€™t get rid of the bird entirely!

Who complained about us having similar avatars? That seems a strange thing to have an issue about.

And yes, itā€™s Chgo (Chicago) Liz. But hey, if you want to call me Choglitz, I guess I can adapt!

2 Likes

No complaints from me!

1 Like

Not sure who mentioned it but Iā€™ve thought the same at times, that we end up in so many of the same threads and our icons are both blue birds. Itā€™s good to switch things out.

Iā€™m such a dumbass in my mind @chgoliz was all one word. Doink.

1 Like

Iā€™ve grown rather fond of my bluebird! But there are other shots of various other birds at my dadā€™s so I suppose I could switch it out. I like having something personal and real that isnā€™t too revealing of specific identity.

1 Like

yeah, you were already choglitz. Thanks for identifying a mass hallucination!

Fascinating! How in the world were you two pronouncing it in your heads? And what did yā€™all think it meant?

chawg-litā€™s, but I knew it was spelled differently :slight_smile:

3 Likes

To be honest, I always thought it was Ch. Goliz and something to do with these guys but I wasnā€™t getting the joke.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chorizo-Goliz/431751693552073

I remember having issues remembering which was which when BBS was new. I felt like getting it consistently right from the picture alone was some kind of personal bbs merit badge.

2 Likes

Ah!

In my head it was CH Go Liz! Thought CH could be an abbreviation or something.

Chi-Go-Liz

Iā€™ll try and imagine the word ā€˜Chicagoā€™ flashing up behind the ā€˜Chgoā€™ or something when I read it form now on.

I know, right?

Pfftā€¦ hipsters.

3 Likes

恔悇恆 恐悊恤 恧恗悇!
chou guritsu desho!

2 Likes

I always thought they looked similar but that made it neat, like you two were in some way on the same team. I would maybe be an avatar teammate for @Elusis, except mine is much less grown up.

5 Likes

Yeah, I used to confuse you two a lot more than ChickieD and chgoliz. I change my own avatar often enough where I donā€™t think I have a fixed visual identity.

For a while there a couple years ago, I used to confuse waetherman and funruly, since waethermanā€™s avatar looks juuust enough like Gilligan when I squint.

1 Like

8 Likes

Thanks, now every time I see a regular ā€˜no dogsā€™ sign, itā€™s merely gonna read as ā€œNo non-awesome dogsā€

3 Likes