New Boston Dynamics bot has arms and wheels

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/28/new-boston-dynamics-bot-has-ar.html

1 Like

Now they are just fucking with us picking actual battlemech names.

4 Likes

hey Atlas - your knees are backwards, ya freak… ow!

2 Likes

These ain’t knees. They are ankles… ouch! Stop kicking! Stop!

13 Likes

wait - did you look at the video? - atlas’s knees go the human way - it’s so wroooong

The noise is still annoying, but the new ones are getting more and more elegant in their movements.

1 Like

Please STOP KICKING!1!111

:wink:

I used to obsessively click the “robotics” menu item on popsci.com to get my fix throughout the day. Eventually I couldn’t look at them without wondering whether and where each clip would be edited in to the montages of future “how we got here” documentaries about the robopocalypse…I can’t see them now without a palpable sheen of as-yet-to-be-experienced nostalgia for the early stages of a scientific abomination. Like a video of a not-yet-mad scientist, holding an early version of a juvenile hedgehog-wolf hybrid in it’s hands, feeding it from a bottle…

2 Likes

They are on the way to make Tachikoma.

1 Like

2 Likes

Oh, this won’t give me nightmares.

2 Likes

Around 1:15 I thought it was going to roll off into the snowy woods, never to be seen again but for brief distant glimpses and unconfirmed rumours.

2 Likes

I am sure nobody ever taught it how to steal electricity.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.