New Captain Marvel trailer? New Captain Marvel trailer!

Both the original Captain Marvel and original Carol Ms. Marvel are a pretty direct Green Lantern rip off. But Hal Jordan Green Lantern Corp Green Lantern is a pretty direct rip off of the Lensman novels. So is a huge section of sci-fi from the sixties on up.

I watched 2 season of that show and I’m hoping they shoot the 3rd before it’s eventual cancellation.

It’s pretty basic but it’s charming. I’d say Dr. Strange but that’s for personal reasons.

I’d have to say its the Edward Norton Hull because it’s the one they pretend doesn’t exist even though it’s technically the Hulk solo movie that introduced the current version of Hulk and is supposed to lead directly into the MCU.

Though I’d definitely put the first 2 Thor’s toward the worst end of the spectrum. I did like 2 better than the first Thor but that’s a taste thing.

I actually loved the first Thor movie, i’ve heard a lot of thoughts from other people that hated it. I don’t see why but as you said, its subjective (God knows i like a lot of weird dumb stuff).

I think it’s because so much of it is just blandly small scale. It’s the actual Norse god of thunder, and he’s in a very straight forward normal action movie. That wraps up with punching an unimpressive robot.

2 got more into the epic mythology end, and the endless weird of Marvel’s Asguard. Which I tend to prefer. Plus it’s got some of the weird charm that would work so well in Ragnarok.

But both were pretty boring. And 1 introduced Loki who kind of carried Marvel on the villian front for a long time.

I enjoyed the Asgard stuff, had the movie had less of the Earth stuff (or none of it) i would’ve liked the movie even more. The lame robot at the end was mostly Marvel trying to bring the movie back into being less fantasy and more into the realm of typical superhero fare. The second movie was just flat out boring and worse than the first one for me, i was still entertained but the movie and villain were entirely forgettable despite the bigger scale.

But as you’ve mentioned, its personal taste. Unless someone likes Age of Ultron, then they’re just wrong.

I think you very much hit on my issue with it. Mostly it’s from before Marvel embraced their comicbookyness. Despite it being probably the most Comic Booky superhero to hit the screen by that point. Thor 2 certainly fails more as a film. But I’m on record perfering failures with more ambition over more successful films that push it less.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.