New Hillary Clinton campaign ad highlights Trump's KKK ties

Don’t forget, at the time, Trump was a Democrat with quite liberal views. Or so he liked to say.

4 Likes

A full two-thirds of Trump weddings were not attended by Clintons though.

Plus all the horrible things Hillary is attacking him for in this ad happened AFTER she attended that wedding.

11 Likes

Also:

7 Likes

Oh wow. They are completely the same now. There are no differences between the candidates any more. Your point was super effective. :neutral_face:

16 Likes

Of course, there’s another, admittedly less-hateful hateful fringe of the right wing that includes Henry Kissinger, who apparently supports Clinton. I think this campaign tactic can backfire on her.

1 Like

David Duke supports trump.

7 Likes

Either you’re joking or you’re being intellectually dishonest, either way this photo hurts Trump more than Clinton, it shows how Trump doesn’t really have any core values except “what’s good for TRUMP at this moment.”

Perhaps Trump was a racist when this photo was taken, but it’s not what he was famous for at the time-- it not like the Clintons said “hey, let’s invite David Duke!” You may as well post Jeffrey Dahmer’s 3rd grade class photo and say “all these people associated with a murderer and cannibal.”

14 Likes

These are both good reasons why I’m not voting for Trump.

1 Like

Citation?

Has anyone reflect on the fact that the Democrats and Republicans radically changed in the past 50 years, with the racist core of the Dems abandoning ship during the 1950s and 1960s, when LBJ supported CR legislation, heading for the GOP after Goldwater (who voted against the CRA!) became the nominee…? Or Nixon’s southern strategy, to try and pick off Wallace supporters?

The radical republicans are long dead. Stop thinking this is 1950, because it’s not. Try reading a book of US history.

20 Likes

We make that the racists in the current GOP are much more dangerous to today than the evils the Dems of old inflicted before the switcheroo between Dixiecrats*.

You have a poor understanding of both history and present, but appear to be very proud of your ignorance.

• That occurred many years before your birth, so there’s no excuse for you not knowing today’s reality.
8 Likes

Teach us, oh master, for we know things and history and yearn to be like you.

How does a person get to be so blissfully unaware of life and unobstructed by facts?

Tribalism, I imagine.

4 Likes

7 Likes

The citation @Mindysan33 asked for was specifically about your allegation:

I noticed that you don’t have any evidence, but instead tried to misdirect.

Nice.

10 Likes

What you do carefully ignore are that Byrd’s politics after his turning towards good are “ultraleft” to what you approve of.

By your rationale, if the KKK is evil, you embody beliefs and support actions more loathsome than a former Grand Wizard of the KKK can stand.

But that does not trouble or shame you. It is a point of pride that you are retreating to a hate group where a former Grand Wizard can conceive of love more than your idols and leaders are capable of.

4 Likes

Fox wasn’t very current on the news that Byrd apologized for his involvement and denounced the KKK.

Hey, where’s that evidence of KKK contributions to Clinton’s campaign you were asked to provide? Maybe now’s your chance to apologize for making up stuff.

By the way I would welcome you but I think you’ve already been here under other names and won’t stick around once you realize you’ve brought a butter knife to an intellectual gunfight.

12 Likes

Something something leftists are the true racists something gibber gibber.

9 Likes

Not nice… rather rude actually.

@Joe_yechout, given that Byrd was NO LONGER a KKK member when he died, it’s irrelevant. What is relevant is that white supremacists flocked to the GOP after the passage of the CRA. This is well documented history, which pretty much everyone who makes a serious study of this era agrees with. The relationship between Black Americans and the GOP is deeply complicated and twisted:

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/25/491389942/when-african-american-voters-shifted-away-from-the-gop

Again. Try reading a book by one who studied the era rather than taking Trump or Fox News talking points at face value. Given that Known white supremacists NOW are backing Trump is telling.

12 Likes

Does that imply that Fox News is somehow non-partisan? I’m not too sure how many people are going to be willing to follow you there.

5 Likes

Yeah, I dont we’re going to hear about this from @Joe_yechout. Afterall, yours is the third request! :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah, but it’s right there in their tag line, “fair and balanced,” right? /s

7 Likes